Hello, attached is a small patch to give tables their own default placement in LaTeX export. Up to now, tables have used the default placement for figures but figures and tables are very different creatures so it does not make sense to have just one default for both. This patch unfortunately could break documents (if people have changed the default for figures, expecting that change to apply to tables as well) but I see no way to avoid this. So maybe not worth incorporating but I leave that decision to others. Thank you, eric -- : Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.5.2-385-g37d8bc in Emacs 29.0.50