Timothy writes: > This patchset accomplishes two things: > 1. It refactors the overly large `org-latex-src-block' function, and makes a few > other improvements to pre-existing code > 2. It adds a new option for exporting code, named (you guessed it!) “engraved” > > What is this new option, and why do we want it? > > About a year ago I started work on a package that generalises the functionality > of `htmlize.el', termed `engrave-faces' > (). It provides the ability to > extract font-lock information and export it to a number of formats: html, ansi, > and (crucially) LaTeX! Since the LaTeX export is built on the `fvextra' (LaTeX) > package (like pygments), the vast majority of the Minted options you’re used to > just carry over. > > This allows for a result that is, I think, straight up better than all the > pre-existing options. For starters, you can now apply syntax highlighting to any > language you have a major mode for. Thanks! Implementing fontification using Emacs capabilities is certainly a step in the right direction. LaTeX support for fontification has always been tricky. Some comments: - I tried to test your patch, and it only works partially. There is some stray text caused by LaTeX errors: