From: Alessandro Bertulli <alessandro.bertulli96@gmail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Org-cite/Citar cannot recognize neither biblatex nor natbib
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 16:48:37 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi again.

After fixing org-ref, I was exploring org-cite and citar. Again, I'm not
sure how to make everything work. When I try to export to a LaTeX pdf
file, I got the error "user-error: Unknown processor natbib", despite
I put the exact header suggested in the manual
(https://orgmode.org/manual/Citation-export-processors.html).
Note that the same happens if I put
#+cite_export: biblatex
in which case of course I get "user-error: Unknown processor biblatex".

What am I doing wrong this time?

My setup:

init.el relevant config -------------------------
(require 'citar)
(setq org-cite-global-bibliography '("~/Library/debug.bib"))
(setq org-cite-insert-processor 'citar
      org-cite-follow-processor 'citar
      org-cite-activate-processor 'citar
      citar-bibliography org-cite-global-bibliography)
(define-key org-mode-map (kbd "C-c b") #'org-cite-insert)
(define-key minibuffer-local-map (kbd "M-b") #'citar-insert-preset)

~/Library/debug.bib ------------------------

@book{acm:code,
  title = {{{ACM}} Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct. {{Affirming}} Our Obbligation to Use Our Skills to Benefit Society},
  editor = {{Association for Computing Machinery}},
  date = {2018},
  doi = {10.1145/3274591},
  url = {https://www.acm.org/binaries/content/assets/about/acm-code-of-ethics-booklet.pdf},
  shorteditor = {ACM}
}

@article{acm:teachingethics,
  title = {How to Teach Computer Ethics through Science Fiction},
  author = {Burton, Emanuelle and Goldsmith, Judy and Mattei, Nicholas},
  date = {2018-07},
  journaltitle = {Communications of The Acm},
  shortjournal = {Commun. ACM},
  volume = {61},
  number = {8},
  pages = {54--64},
  publisher = {{Association for Computing Machinery}},
  location = {{New York, NY, USA}},
  issn = {0001-0782},
  doi = {10.1145/3154485},
  url = {https://doi.org/10.1145/3154485},
  abstract = {Science fiction in particular offers students a way to cultivate their capacity for moral imagination.},
  issue_date = {August 2018},
  pagetotal = {11}
}

#+title: Org-cite examples