On 2023-02-17, Ihor Radchenko wrote: > Jens Lechtenboerger writes: > >> With Org 9.6.1 from Emacs master, I get the following warning, and I >> am asked to select a coding system: >> >>> These default coding systems were tried to encode the following >>> problematic characters in the buffer ‘ *temp*’: >>> ... >> >> With previous Org versions, this did not happen, export would just >> work. Note that I insert contents literally because I do not want >> ‘find-file-hook’, automatic uncompression, etc. (which are avoided >> according to the doc string of insert-file-contents-literally). > > This warning appears upon Org calling `secure-hash'. > Org is doing nothing wrong here - your file does not have proper encoding. > You did not see this error in the past by chance. I was afraid you would say so. To me, this is a breaking change. Also, when I call secure-hash on the literal buffer-string, no problem arises. > Not a bug. You need to fix your files with improper encoding. The file has the proper encoding. I insert literally on purpose as stated above. It is not obvious that Org tries to write something here and why that fails now (I could use the results in exporters writing to files just fine previously). Best wishes Jens