Ihor Radchenko writes: > Jack Kamm writes: > >> I think the Worg documentation is accurately describing the behavior of >> ob-python -- it's just that ob-python uses ":results file" in a >> nonstandard way. > > May you please point me to the place in ob-python where :results file is > specially treated? ob-python doesn't treat :results file specially. So "nonstandard" may not be the right term. In fact, :results file also works this way for other Babel languages. And I used this behavior before for plotting with ob-reticulate blocks. I attach a patch to fix the documentation in the manual about this. As an aside: I would like ":results graphics" to partially revert its old behavior before Org 9.3. Prior to then, ob-R could generate a plot with :results graphics :file filename.png but since commit 26ed66b23, we require the more verbose :results graphics file :file filename.png which seems unnecessarily verbose (since ":results graphics" doesn't do anything without ":results file"), and also annoyingly broke many of my Org documents before 2020. I think it would be better if ":results graphics" was equivalent to ":results graphics file", and may propose a patch for this in future.