* How to fold a footer
@ 2009-04-13 22:54 Daniel Clemente
From: Daniel Clemente @ 2009-04-13 22:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, this is a minor issue. I'd like three sections and a footer:

* Section 1
111
* Section 2
222
* Section 3
333

-------
Footer

  However, the footer appears as part of section 3, and it is hidden in the outline view (you don't know there will be a footer until you expand section 3).
  If I add a new section, „* Footer“, then this heading will be exported; this is also not nice.

  Is there some trick to add a footer at the end?

  (I think org-publish can add footers, but I would prefer a solution inside the same file; something like #+TEXT: but for footers).

 Thanks,
Daniel

* Re: OrgmodeHow to fold a footer
@ 2009-04-14 13:33 ` Wes Hardaker
From: Wes Hardaker @ 2009-04-14 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

DC> Is there some trick to add a footer at the end?

I all the #+ or other text in another header at the bottom called
"END".  IE:

* END

I think you can also attach a noexport tag (look in the manual for the
real name) to it or something if you're worried about it being exported.

* Re: OrgmodeHow to fold a footer
@ 2009-04-14 18:58   ` Daniel Clemente
From: Daniel Clemente @ 2009-04-14 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

El dt, abr 14 2009, Wes Hardaker va escriure:

> DC> Is there some trick to add a footer at the end?
>
> I all the #+ or other text in another header at the bottom called
> "END".  IE:
>
> * END

  Ok.

> I think you can also attach a noexport tag (look in the manual for the
> real name) to it or something if you're worried about it being exported.

  Yes, it's „noexport“. But then you don't see the footer. If you want to show something like „this page was created by … at … with org-mode, is valid HTML, etc“ then you need a visible content but hopefully no visible heading called „END“.
  It would be easier if I could override this text (not only switch it on/off):

…
…

  In fact I would like to have as a footer:

This page was generated on [EXPORT-DATE] by Org-mode [VERSION]. For questions, contact me at: e-mail, etc.

-- Daniel

* Re: How to fold a footer
@ 2009-04-15  7:13 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-04-15  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Apr 14, 2009, at 12:54 AM, Daniel Clemente wrote:

> Hi, this is a minor issue. I'd like three sections and a footer:
>

> * Section 1
> 111
> * Section 2
> 222
> * Section 3
> 333
>
> -------
> Footer
>

>  However, the footer appears as part of section 3, and it is hidden
> in the outline view (you don't know there will be a footer until you
> expand section 3).
>  If I add a new section, „* Footer“, then this heading will be
> exported; this is also not nice.
>
>  Is there some trick to add a footer at the end?
>
>  (I think org-publish can add footers, but I would prefer a solution
> inside the same file; something like #+TEXT: but for footers).

There is not built-in way to do this, no.  All the text at the end
becomes part of the last section, you will see this when you look at
the exported HTML.

You could modify the variable org-export-html-postamble, but that will
be placed after the author/creator information.

If you example above does the right thing for your export needs, then
you could invent your own heading for a footer and use one of the
preprocessor hooks to find and remove that headline.  But formally
(i.e. HTML structurally), this text will then belong to the last
section before it.

HTH

- Carsten