Hello all, Back from a short holiday and trying to catch up on work... and so I may have missed something in the org mailing list (although I've searched...). I have a large file which includes many babel code blocks (mostly maxima) that I wish to have evaluated on export. This works except that I have to confirm each evaluation (which takes some time). I know that org-confirm-babel-evaluate exists so I have put the following at the top of my org file: # -*- org-confirm-babel-evaluate: nil; -*- checking the value of this variable (C-h v org-babel-confirm-evaluate) gives me: ,---- | org-confirm-babel-evaluate is a variable defined in `ob.el'. | Its value is nil | Local in buffer deferred-questions.org; global value is t | | This variable is a file local variable. | This variable is safe as a file local variable if its value | satisfies the predicate which is byte-compiled expression. | | Documentation: | Confirm before evaluation. | Require confirmation before interactively evaluating code | blocks in Org-mode buffers. The default value of this variable | is t, meaning confirmation is required for any code block | evaluation. This variable can be set to nil to inhibit any | future confirmation requests. This variable can also be set to a | [...] `---- so the value is indeed nil. However, exporting to PDF, say, still requires me to confirm each evaluation. Typing C-c C-c doesn't require confirmation, however, so the variable does seem to have some effect. What am I missing here to avoid having to confirm on export? The only variable I have found that combines both export and babel is org-export-babel-evaluate which is not what I want. Thanks, eric