* Nice python listings colors, or solution to beamer + minted brokenness?
@ 2011-02-14  0:35 Christopher Allan Webber
From: Christopher Allan Webber @ 2011-02-14  0:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello all,

I currently am trying to export something vaguely like this for a
presentation in beamer:

#+BEGIN_SRC python :exports code
class ReferenceDeskPanel(bpy.types.Panel):
    bl_label = 'Reference Desk'
    bl_space_type = 'VIEW_3D'
    bl_region_type = 'TOOLS'

    def draw(self, context):
        layout = self.layout

        row = layout.row()
        row.prop(
            context.scene, 'refdesk_search',
            text="", icon='VIEWZOOM')

        search_string = context.scene.get('refdesk_search')
#+END_SRC

I've tried using listings with:

#+begin_LaTeX
  \definecolor{keywords}{RGB}{255,0,90}
  \definecolor{comments}{RGB}{60,179,113}

  \lstset{
    language=\Python,
    keywordstyle=\color{keywords},
    commentstyle=\color{comments}emph,
    procnamestyle=\color{blue}\textbf,
    emphstyle=\color{black}\bfseries,
    }
#+end_LaTeX

in my document but I can't figure out how to get the class name
(ReferenceDeskPanel) to be highlighted in any form.  I've read through
the listings manual but I can't find any reference on how to do this.

I also tried using minted, but I'm running into the problem discussed in
this thread:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/32147/match=minted

I'm at wit's end... I just want to figure out how to syntax highlight my
whole python snippet!  Any examples of good color sets in listings to
use would be *greatly* appreciated!  Or a solution to that minted +
beamer problem!  Either one!

Super, ultra thanks in advance,
 - cwebb

--
𝓒𝓱𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓹𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓐𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓷 𝓦𝓮𝓫𝓫𝓮𝓻

* Re: Nice python listings colors, or solution to beamer + minted brokenness?
@ 2011-02-14  1:46 ` Chris Malone
From: Chris Malone @ 2011-02-14  1:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Allan Webber; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Chris,

I doubt this will fix the problem (it is more of a curiosity), but why in
your =lstset= do you have the language as "\Python" instead of "Python"?

Chris

@ 2011-02-14  2:11   ` Chris Malone
From: Chris Malone @ 2011-02-14  2:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Allan Webber; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Also, it's not an elegant or automated solution, but check out Section 2.8:
Emphasize Identifiers in the listings manual.  You could basically add
something like

emph={ReferenceDeskPanel}, emphstyle=\color{blue}

to your =lstset= to get that particular class to have a blue font.  You
could add such a line for /every/ class you have by putting in the optional
<class number> argument as described in the manual.  I don't know how one
could do this for every word that follows the Python =class= directive, as
the =lstset= /key-value/ setup doesn't allow for such things...

HTH,

Chris

@ 2011-02-14  5:24     ` Christopher Allan Webber
From: Christopher Allan Webber @ 2011-02-14  5:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Malone; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Chris,

That'll work well enough for now I think.  Thanks much for the response!

@ 2011-02-14 11:07 ` Dan Davison
From: Dan Davison @ 2011-02-14 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Allan Webber; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Christopher Allan Webber <cwebber@dustycloud.org> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> I currently am trying to export something vaguely like this for a
> presentation in beamer:
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC python :exports code
> class ReferenceDeskPanel(bpy.types.Panel):
>     bl_label = 'Reference Desk'
>     bl_space_type = 'VIEW_3D'
>     bl_region_type = 'TOOLS'
>
>     def draw(self, context):
>         layout = self.layout
>
>         row = layout.row()
>         row.prop(
>             context.scene, 'refdesk_search',
>             text="", icon='VIEWZOOM')
>
>         search_string = context.scene.get('refdesk_search')
> #+END_SRC
>
> I've tried using listings with:
>
> #+begin_LaTeX
>   \definecolor{keywords}{RGB}{255,0,90}
>   \definecolor{comments}{RGB}{60,179,113}
>
>   \lstset{
>     language=\Python,
>     keywordstyle=\color{keywords},
>     commentstyle=\color{comments}emph,
>     procnamestyle=\color{blue}\textbf,
>     emphstyle=\color{black}\bfseries,
>     }
> #+end_LaTeX
>
> in my document but I can't figure out how to get the class name
> (ReferenceDeskPanel) to be highlighted in any form.  I've read through
> the listings manual but I can't find any reference on how to do this.
>
> I also tried using minted, but I'm running into the problem discussed in
> this thread:
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/32147/match=minted

Hi Christopher,

I believe I have just fixed the problem with minted and beamer. Please
pull latex org from git and restart emacs, or

(setq org-beamer-fragile-re "^[ \t]*\\\\begin{\\(verbatim\\|lstlisting\\|minted\\)}")

Personally I think that minted will be preferable to listings for your
application.

Dan

@ 2011-02-14 14:50   ` Christopher Allan Webber
From: Christopher Allan Webber @ 2011-02-14 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Davison; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Dan Davison <dandavison7@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Christopher,
>
> I believe I have just fixed the problem with minted and beamer. Please
> pull latex org from git and restart emacs, or
>
> (setq org-beamer-fragile-re "^[ \t]*\\\\begin{\\(verbatim\\|lstlisting\\|minted\\)}")
>
> Personally I think that minted will be preferable to listings for your
> application.
>
> Dan

Dan:

It works!  That looks *fantastic.*  Thank you *so* much! :D :D :D

 - cwebb

--

@ 2011-02-14 15:22     ` Dan Davison
From: Dan Davison @ 2011-02-14 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Allan Webber; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Christopher Allan Webber <cwebber@dustycloud.org> writes:

> Dan Davison <dandavison7@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi Christopher,
>>
>> I believe I have just fixed the problem with minted and beamer. Please
>> pull latex org from git and restart emacs, or
           ^^^

Oops, I meant to write "latest" org. I.e. just pull as normal.

>> (setq org-beamer-fragile-re "^[ \t]*\\\\begin{\\(verbatim\\|lstlisting\\|minted\\)}")
>>
>> Personally I think that minted will be preferable to listings for your
>> application.
>>
>> Dan
>
> Dan:
>
> It works!  That looks *fantastic.*

Great.

If you want to play around with styles, you can use a line like

#+latex_header: \usemintedstyle{tango}

To see all the available styles, use the command

pygmentize -L styles

(my output is below)

Also, if you'd like to experiment with the different options for
the \begin{minted} environment, and if you're comfortable switching
between git branches, then try the branch "minted" of the main org git
repo, and look at the variable `org-export-latex-minted-options'. For
example

(setq org-export-latex-minted-options '(("frame" "lines")))

puts a frame around the src block. Of course, see minted.pdf for the
options.

Dan

$ pygmentize -L styles
Pygments version 1.4, (c) 2006-2008 by Georg Brandl.

Styles:
~~~~~~~
* monokai:
    This style mimics the Monokai color scheme.
* manni:
    A colorful style, inspired by the terminal highlighting style.
* perldoc:
    Style similar to the style used in the perldoc code blocks.
* borland:
    Style similar to the style used in the borland IDEs.
* colorful:
    A colorful style, inspired by CodeRay.
* default:
    The default style (inspired by Emacs 22).
* murphy:
    Murphy's style from CodeRay.
* vs:

* trac:
    Port of the default trac highlighter design.
* tango:
    The Crunchy default Style inspired from the color palette from the Tango Icon Theme Guidelines.
* fruity:
    Pygments version of the "native" vim theme.
* autumn:
    A colorful style, inspired by the terminal highlighting style.
* bw:

* emacs:
    The default style (inspired by Emacs 22).
* vim:
    Styles somewhat like vim 7.0
* pastie:
    Style similar to the pastie default style.
* friendly:
    A modern style based on the VIM pyte theme.
* native:

@ 2011-02-14 16:12       ` Christopher Allan Webber
From: Christopher Allan Webber @ 2011-02-14 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Davison; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Dan, all this information is super helpful.  Thanks!  My presentation is
going to look great now, I think!

I really appreciate your help!
 - cwebb

--
𝓒𝓱𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓹𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓐𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓷 𝓦𝓮𝓫𝓫𝓮𝓻

* Re: Re: Nice python listings colors, or solution to beamer + minted brokenness?
@ 2011-02-23  3:21         ` Chris Malone
From: Chris Malone @ 2011-02-23  3:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Allan Webber; +Cc: emacs-orgmode