* bulk relative time shift (in org file)?
@ 2011-06-30 22:24 Michael Gilbert
From: Michael Gilbert @ 2011-06-30 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi —

I've spent a fair amount of time with the manual and have hints that this might be possible, but I'm not piecing it together. Basically what I want to do is this:

- select a number of items with time stamps in an org file (either by region or, if I must, all items subsidiary to a headline)
- change all of their deadlines (or some other time stamp) by a set number of days, relative to the date they currently have
- the result is a bulk rescheduling, with the relative timing of the items remaining intact

Additional points:

- I would prefer to select the type of timestamp to change, but I can probably work with it changing all of them. (Note that some items have both Scheduled and Deadline timestamps. Some even have other, inactive timestamps. Plus, there are also timestamps in the Logbook on some items.)
- I would prefer to do this in the org file, not in the Agenda. This is a planning activity.
- I can see how I might do this by cloning the subtree, but that seems like an ugly hack, involving deleting the original.

Any guidance?

TIA!

— Michael

The Gilbert Center: http://gilbert.org