Karl Voit writes: > Hi! Hi, > I tend to keep events that I do not attend in my calendar for > archiving reasons. But I switch their status to CANCELED. > Unfortunately, those events still appear on my Google calendar and > so forth. I get my usual reminders and it messes up my free/busy > list. > > Therefore, I am thinking that canceled events should turn their > active time-stamps into inactive with an Org-mode option. This way, > I can recall them in my agenda by typing ']' (show inactive > time-stamps) but they do not interfere with my daily workflow. > > What do you think of such an option for Org-mode? Org Mode has already facilities for archiving. You can either tag a headline and its children with the `archive' tag (bound to C-c C-x a) or archive a headline and its children in a separated file (bound to C-c $). In both cases they won't be displayed in the Agenda unless you active them (v a or v A). See (info "(org) Archiving") for a complete description of Archiving in Org Mode. -- Daimrod/Greg