* Can I specify the location of generated html in org 8?
@ 2013-05-11 13:03 Hongxu Chen
From: Hongxu Chen @ 2013-05-11 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

   I just switch from org7.x to 8, and there are many problems when I
   use it for publishing htmls, one of which is the location of table of
   contents in the generated htmls.
   Since I am still using jekyll to generate the final pages, I need to
   put some metadata in the beginning of org files. So I need to add the
   following into the primitive org file:

   #+BEGIN_HTML
   ---
   layout: org
   id: elispintro
   title: An Introduction To Emacs Lisp
   ---
   #+END_HTML

   The generated htmls do contain the `---' contents. However I cannot
   utilize jekyll when I also generate TOC for it. The root cause is
   that the generated TOC is put ahead of the `---' area so jekyll
   cannot find the information and treat this region as an ordinary
   one. In org 7.x there seems no such a problem.

   So is there any way to change the location of the table of contents
   parts? Alternatively, if it needs quite a lot of hacking for org
   exporters, can you suggest any good template for publishing?
   Presently I am using this one:https://github.com/cinsk/jekyll-org,
   but it seems that the author haven't updated it for several month.

   Thanks in advance.

Hongxu Chen

* Re: Can I specify the location of generated html in org 8?
@ 2013-05-11 13:21 ` Oliver Večerník
From: Oliver Večerník @ 2013-05-11 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

>    So is there any way to change the location of the table of contents
>    parts?

What I did recently was disabling toc in the header and putting it in
the document later (info "(org) Table of contents"):

#+BEGIN_HTML
---
layout: org
id: elispintro
title: An Introduction To Emacs Lisp
---
#+END_HTML

#+TOC: headlines 1

* h1
* h2

Oliver

* Re: Can I specify the location of generated html in org 8?
@ 2013-05-11 14:12   ` Hongxu Chen
From: Hongxu Chen @ 2013-05-11 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ov; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hmm, that works! But I am just wondering why there is such an
inconsistency: there are 2 options for TOC, but for different usage?

Oliver Večerník <ov@vecernik.at> writes:

>>    So is there any way to change the location of the table of contents
>>    parts?
>
> What I did recently was disabling toc in the header and putting it in
> the document later (info "(org) Table of contents"):

> #+BEGIN_HTML
> ---
> layout: org
> id: elispintro