* Differnet bg/fg by code block type
@ 2013-06-01 18:09 Xebar Saram
From: Xebar Saram @ 2013-06-01 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org mode

Hi all

i am using a theme that allows to customize the org-mode bg/fg colors for
various aspects of the code block IE

`(org-block-background ((,class (:background "#FFFFE0"))))
   `(org-block-begin-line ((,class (:underline "#A7A6AA" :foreground
"#555555" :background "#E2E1D5"))))
   `(org-block-end-line ((,class (:overline "#A7A6AA" :foreground "#555555"
:background "#E2E1D5"))))

I was wondering if this could be extended in anyway to have a few different
code block colors so that IE a sh block would have a different bg then a
elisp code block?

best

* Re: Differnet bg/fg by code block type
@ 2013-06-07 20:40 ` Xebar Saram
From: Xebar Saram @ 2013-06-07 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org mode

Hi again

i understood from Fabrice (the dev of the excellent excellent  leuven-theme)
that currently Org mode only uses one background face for all the code
blocks. Is that something one can request for (different color background
face for different code blocks (IE, Bash,Lisp,R)? if so where should one
file that request? (mailing list, bug tracker etc?)

best wishes all and have a great weekend!

@ 2013-06-07 21:04   ` Andreas Leha
From: Andreas Leha @ 2013-06-07 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Xebar,

Xebar Saram <zeltakc@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi again
>
> i understood from Fabrice (the dev of the excellent excellent
> leuven-theme) that currently Org mode only uses one background face
> for all the code blocks. Is that something one can request for
> (different color background face for different code blocks (IE,
> Bash,Lisp,R)? if so where should one file that request? (mailing list,
> bug tracker etc?)
>
> best wishes all and have a great weekend!

it never occurred to me that code blocks in different languages might be
colored differently, so naturally, I am not aware of a mechanism
providing that.

But now as you raised that issue, I would use such a feature as well.

- Andreas