From: Eric Schulte <schulte.eric@gmail.com>
To: "Thomas S. Dye" <tsd@tsdye.com>
Subject: Re: [ANN, OT] Emacs web-server, a new option for serving Org-mode files
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 14:53:37 -0700	[thread overview]

tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye) writes:

> Hi Eric,
>
> This worked out of the box for me. Neat!

Great.

> I ran into a problem with an optional step:
>
>    poto:emacs-web-server dk$ emacs --version
>    GNU Emacs 24.3.1
>    Copyright (C) 2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>    GNU Emacs comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
>    You may redistribute copies of Emacs
>    under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
>    For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING.
>    poto:emacs-web-server dk$ make
>    emacs --batch --execute '(add-to-list (quote load-path)
> "/Users/dk/org-local/emacs-web-server")' -f batch-byte-compile
> web-server-status-codes.el web-server-test.el web-server.el
>    Wrote /Users/dk/org-local/emacs-web-server/web-server-status-codes.elc
>
>    In toplevel form:
>    web-server-test.el:9:1:Error: Cannot open load file: eieio
>
>    In toplevel form:
>    web-server.el:33:1:Error: Cannot open load file: eieio
>    make: *** [src] Error 1

I'm not sure what to make of that, as eieio.el is distributed as part of
Emacs, so it should be in lisp/emacs-lisp/ under your installed Emacs
directory, which should be in the load-path.  Regardless, since
everything is running successfully, Emacs can obviously find eieio at
runtime, so I wouldn't worry about batch compilation not working.

Best,

--
Eric Schulte
https://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte