* Set tags in region
@ 2014-05-10  2:53 John Hendy
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: John Hendy @ 2014-05-10  2:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Just curious of there's a way to set the tags in a region all at once?
I see there's a way to do it via agenda, but I was curious if there
was also a way to do it on a group of headlines from the buffer
itself. In various google strategies, it looked like the answer was
no.

This is just a random file (making a camping packing/shopping list),
so to do it via the way that seemed apparent was:

C-c a
> to restrict to the file
s to conduct a "fake search" that would just give all the headlines in
the buffer
highlight region
: to set tags

It would have just been easier to C-space on a region and set them in
groups right from the buffer. I sort of expected something like C-u
C-c C-c to set region tags? Thinking about it, I suppose since these
happened to be tagged with :export:, I could have done an M-x
replace-string and appended my additional tag.

Thanks!
John