* org-plus-contrib package upgrade fails
@ 2014-05-27 11:15 Sharon Kimble
From: Sharon Kimble @ 2014-05-27 11:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

When upgrading my packages from elpa, org-plus-contrib is failing
showing this in the messages buffer
Generating autoloads for org-eshell.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-eval-light.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-eval.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-expiry.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-faces.el...done
hack-local-variables: Local variables entry is missing the suffix
Saving file /home/boudiccas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20140526/org-plus-contrib-autoloads.el...
Wrote /home/boudiccas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20140526/org-plus-contrib-autoloads.el

This means that the package upgrade fails as the replaced packages
are not deleted, and the whole thing stops at the generation of
"org-plus-contrib-autoloads.el".

If it is a failing at my end, where is "hack-local-variables" please
and what should the suffix be?

Thanks
Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
Debian testing, Fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.3.91.1

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: org-plus-contrib package upgrade fails
@ 2014-05-30 12:12 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-05-30 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sharon Kimble; +Cc: org-mode

Hi Sharon,

Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@skimble.plus.com> writes:

> If it is a failing at my end, where is "hack-local-variables" please
> and what should the suffix be?

I don't have a fix for this, but I do recommend using the "manual"
method of cloning the git repository.

~$ git clone git://orgmode.org/org-mode.git
~$ git checkout maint
~$ make autoloads

Then update your load-path to load Org from where you cloned the
git repository.

HTH,

PS: Problems with org-plus-contrib are of the kinds that make me
want to let contributed Org packages to live outside of the Org core
repository.

--
 Bastien