On 2015-05-30 Sat 01:20, Xebar Saram wrote: > Hi all > > i have been using jabref for the past 2-4 years in my academia work to > manage my reference library. i dont use latex (..its on my TODO list...when > (f ever) i have time..) so for now i just want something to manage my > references. the key things i need to move over from jabref are: Author of helm-bibtex here. > 1. easy add references Helm-bibtex doesn’t deal with this because I prefer to edit my BibTeX file by hand. BibTeX retrieved from journals is almost always messy and I need to edit it anyway. It’s not too hard, though: I click on BibTeX export on the journal page, the BibTeX file is opened in Emacs, I fix it, and use a command that appends it to my bibliography. However, I think org-ref has tools that do more to support importing new entries and org-ref combines well with helm-bibtex. > 2. a way to quick filter references (helm bibtex seems like a good solution) That’s what helm-bibtex was written to solve. > 3. filter lists based on tags/keywords (orgmode has that covered) In helm-bibtex you can also search for keywords and tags. > 4. this one is important: a way to quickly export selected references in > word/odf/html based on a pre fixed style (ie Nature, Chicago etc) helm-bibtex can generate references in APA style but as far as I can see Chicago style is very similar, so it shouldn’t be hard to add support for that. > anyone uses such a system in emacs/org and can recommend the way to > go? For more details, see: https://github.com/tmalsburg/helm-bibtex Titus