Hello, Uwe Brauer writes: > > Hello, > > Uwe Brauer writes: > > > > What is true column hiding? What is the question you are referring to? > > Most of the spreadsheet application I know allow you > > - to mark a column > > - and to hide it (it is still there and can be displayed of course) > > That question was asked for example in > https://www.reddit.com/r/emacs/comments/2blff3/is_it_possible_to_hide_some_columns_from_an_org I toyed with the idea, and came up with a proof-of-concept, attached to this message. Basically, it defines two user-facing functions: `org-table-hide-column' and `org-table-show-column'. Whenever the contents of an hidden column is changed by the user, the column is shown automatically. It is probably full of bugs, and I'm not sure it's really worth it, but here we go. Note that the implementation uses overlays rather than text properties, so hidden columns are not preserved upon closing and opening a document. Feedback welcome. Regards, -- Nicolas Goaziou