* Changing Modes and Headline Closing
@ 2018-03-26 22:00 42 147
From: 42 147 @ 2018-03-26 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I'm editing a large document, mostly text, that is intended for a
website -- thus html is interspersed throughout, though not enough to
justify editing the document as a dedicated .html file.

I only use html-mode if I have to edit a list with 6-7 uls / ols nested
in, mainly to keep track of the position of each li. This is fine, but
when I switch back to org-mode everything collapses back to the
top-level headline. My workaround is to kill-buffer and re-open rather
than M-x org-mode out of html-mode.

Is there a way to switch back to org-mode via M-x org-mode while
preserving the state of the open / closed headlines?

Thanks,

John

* Re: Changing Modes and Headline Closing
@ 2018-04-26 23:34 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2018-04-26 23:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 42 147; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi 42 147,

42 147 <aeuster@gmail.com> writes:

> Is there a way to switch back to org-mode via M-x org-mode while
> preserving the state of the open / closed headlines?

I added this FAQ to Worg:

  * Is my question already a Frequently Asked Questions ?

  You can find the answer by asking on the mailing list, but people will
  probably direct you here, so it is safer to start by checking this FAQ.

You can check

  Can I save/restore the visibility state of an org-mode buffer?

in this FAQ.

HTH,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Changing Modes and Headline Closing
@ 2018-04-27  7:36 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2018-04-27  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 42 147; +Cc: emacs-orgmode