emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* org-collector.el does not deal with inherited properties well
@ 2021-06-20 10:56 Vikas Rawal
  2021-06-20 11:01 ` Vikas Rawal
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Vikas Rawal @ 2021-06-20 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode mailing list

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 396 bytes --]

Hello,

org-collector.el seems to fill "0" for properties that are inherited just
as it does for properties that are not defined for a particular headline
(for which also, 0 is poor choice; nil would have been better). This should
not be the correct behaviour. Or is it intentional, and I am missing
something?

Thanks and best wishes,

Vikas

Org-mode version: 9.4.5 (9.4.5-29-gc43041-elpaplus)

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 542 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: org-collector.el does not deal with inherited properties well
  2021-06-20 10:56 org-collector.el does not deal with inherited properties well Vikas Rawal
@ 2021-06-20 11:01 ` Vikas Rawal
  2021-09-26  6:30   ` Bastien
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Vikas Rawal @ 2021-06-20 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode mailing list

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 691 bytes --]

Found the answer here:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2011-01/msg00292.html

Sorry for writing before looking through the archives carefully.

Best wishes for everyone.

Vikas


On Sun, 20 Jun 2021 at 16:26, Vikas Rawal <vikasrawal@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> org-collector.el seems to fill "0" for properties that are inherited just
> as it does for properties that are not defined for a particular headline
> (for which also, 0 is poor choice; nil would have been better). This should
> not be the correct behaviour. Or is it intentional, and I am missing
> something?
>
> Thanks and best wishes,
>
> Vikas
>
> Org-mode version: 9.4.5 (9.4.5-29-gc43041-elpaplus)
>
>

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 1264 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: org-collector.el does not deal with inherited properties well
  2021-06-20 11:01 ` Vikas Rawal
@ 2021-09-26  6:30   ` Bastien
  2021-09-26  6:59     ` Vikas Rawal
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Bastien @ 2021-09-26  6:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vikas Rawal; +Cc: org-mode mailing list

Hi Vikas,

Vikas Rawal <vikasrawal@gmail.com> writes:

> Found the answer here: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/
> emacs-orgmode/2011-01/msg00292.html

thanks for posting both the answer and the response.

By the way, org-collector.el is now part of org-contrib and in
lack of a maintainer.

If you feel like you can maintain it or can help looking for a
maintainer, please go wild.

Thanks!

-- 
 Bastien


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: org-collector.el does not deal with inherited properties well
  2021-09-26  6:30   ` Bastien
@ 2021-09-26  6:59     ` Vikas Rawal
  2021-09-26  7:27       ` Bastien
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Vikas Rawal @ 2021-09-26  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: org-mode mailing list




>
> By the way, org-collector.el is now part of org-contrib and in
> lack of a maintainer.
>
> If you feel like you can maintain it or can help looking for a
> maintainer, please go wild.

I am not a big user of org-collector.el. I was only trying it for an
exercise, which I have abandoned because of lack of much interest
among others in my research group.

In any case, I hardly know lisp, and would not be able to either fix
things or review code contributed by others. I can contribute by way
of helping with documentation, if you need that for any part of org.

Vikas


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: org-collector.el does not deal with inherited properties well
  2021-09-26  6:59     ` Vikas Rawal
@ 2021-09-26  7:27       ` Bastien
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Bastien @ 2021-09-26  7:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vikas Rawal; +Cc: org-mode mailing list

Vikas Rawal <vikasrawal@gmail.com> writes:

> I can contribute by way
> of helping with documentation, if you need that for any part of org.

Yes, that's always helpful.  Thanks,

-- 
 Bastien


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2021-09-26  7:28 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 5+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2021-06-20 10:56 org-collector.el does not deal with inherited properties well Vikas Rawal
2021-06-20 11:01 ` Vikas Rawal
2021-09-26  6:30   ` Bastien
2021-09-26  6:59     ` Vikas Rawal
2021-09-26  7:27       ` Bastien

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).