* How is the return value of `org-babel-execute:FOO` interpreted?
@ 2021-10-02 16:43 Kodi Arfer
From: Kodi Arfer @ 2021-10-02 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have an `org-babel-execute` function for the Hy programming language that seems to have partly broken when I upgraded Org (from 9.1.14 to 9.4.6). It has code to write a plot to a file when a `:file` argument is given to the code block. It returns `nil` in this case, and previously, Org would automatically insert a link to the file in the results block, as desired. Now, however, the `nil` is printed in the results block. So I guess have to edit the function to return a link instead, but I can't find documentation for how Org interprets the return value of an `org-babel-execute` function: as I vaguely recall, you have to use a certain cons structure to produce a table, another to produce a link, and so on. So the concrete question in this case is: what do I return to put a link in the document?

Here's my code in case it's helpful, but it isn't pretty: https://github.com/Kodiologist/Daylight/blob/37e38d216ffe41ad3537522c40ccf1cdb134bbbc/daylight.el#L430

* How is the return value of `org-babel-execute:FOO` interpreted?
@ 2021-10-02 13:27 Kodi Arfer
From: Kodi Arfer @ 2021-10-02 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode