“Bruce D’Arcus” writes: > On Mon, Mar 21, 2022 at 8:41 AM Dominik Schrempf > wrote: >> >> Thank you, I can use `citar-insert-edit` to perform this action. > > You can actually just use org-cite-insert, which is context aware. > >> Now, I failed to create a full citation in the text. This corresponds to the >> `\fullcite{}’ command in LaTeX. Is there an option for this? > > No, but we should add one, as natbib has a similar command. > > And, of course, per Timothy’s point, you can customize > org-cite-biblatex-styles to include it in the meantime. If you want to > experiment with this, contact me off-list, as there’s some nuances > with citar. Great, that was easy, thank you: (add-to-list ’org-cite-biblatex-styles ’(“full” nil “fullcite” nil nil)) (This or something similar should be added upstream). > >> In summary, it is a bit painful to use `org-cite` compared to using `org-ref`. >> In my opinion, the main reasons are: >> >> • Documentation is missing for `org-cite`. >> • The citation commands seem to be incomplete (or at least not documented). > > The documentation is admittedly thin. Thoughts on what we should add? > > The styles, and how to customize them with oc-biblatex? I know writing documentation is a lot of work. It is easy to complain, but hard to contribute. I think we need: • A complete description of styles and variants (for the actual citation command, and also for `#+cite_export: ...') or at least a link to an up-to-date table. • An improved description of the capabilities of `org-cite-insert' (i.e., that it can change the citation style and variant). > > Bruce