I have signed the FSF papers now and we can continue the review of this work now. I am attaching updated and rebased patch for this and another e-mail thread, since these two patches are depend on each other. I have additionally tested the functionality of these changes by verifying that it works as expected on my setup; • Tried to use org-agenda on buffers with and without title property set • Tried to call org-refile and see if refiling will happen • `make test' passes I have *not* tried to see if it will work on buffers without file representation, but the component tests for refile should cover that. Let me know what you think. Thanks, Mikhail Skorzhinskii Ihor Radchenko writes: > Mikhail Skorzhinskii writes: > >> Thank you for your comments once again. I’ve changed string= to eq and >> it appears to be working OK. >> >> I’ve also renamed “title” variable to “title-prop” for better >> readability. The -prop suffix should show the reader that it was >> extracted from the file, and thus cost some CPU/IO. >> >> I’ve attached an updated version to this email. Would love to hear what >> you think. > > Thanks! And sorry for the late reply. Your patch fell through the cracks > in my todo list. > >> * lisp/org-agenda.el (org-agenda-show-outline-path): add an option to >> show document title in outline path (instead of file name) >> * lisp/org.el (org-get-title-from-file): a function to collect the >> document title from the org-mode file >> * lisp/org.el (org-display-outline-path): add logic that will collect a >> document title and put it into the outline path if >> org-agenda-show-outline-path set to ’title > > It would make sense to document the new customization in ORG-NEWS. > >> +(defun org-get-title-from-file (file) >> + “Collect tilte from the provided `org-mode’ FILE.” >> + (let (title) > ^ typo >> + (when file >> + (with-current-buffer >> + (get-file-buffer file) >> + (pcase (org-collect-keywords ’(“TITLE”)) >> + (`((“TITLE” . ,val)) >> + (setq title (car val))))) >> + title))) > > Note that this function behavior is underfined when FILE buffer does not > exist. It would be better to accept buffer as argument. > > Best, > Ihor