* [BUG] Error in html form of org manual [9.5.5 (9.5.5-ge58bd0 @ /home/jds6696/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)]
@ 2022-10-25  0:54 Justin Silverman
From: Justin Silverman @ 2022-10-25  0:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and
what in fact did happen.  You don't know how to make a good report?  See

<https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback>

Your bug report will be posted to the Org mailing list.

Try going to this link:
<https://orgmode.org/manual/Images-in-LaTeX-export.html>

It just takes you to the Latex Export page. Most of the links on the latex export page don't seem to go anywhere.

Thank you all so much for the amazing work!

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 28.2 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.34, cairo version 1.17.6)
 of 2022-09-12
Package: Org mode version 9.5.5 (9.5.5-ge58bd0 @ /home/jds6696/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)

* Re: [BUG] Error in html form of org manual [9.5.5 (9.5.5-ge58bd0 @ /home/jds6696/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)]
@ 2022-10-25  9:43 ` Max Nikulin
From: Max Nikulin @ 2022-10-25  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Justin Silverman, emacs-orgmode

On 25/10/2022 07:54, Justin Silverman wrote:

> Try going to this link:
> https://orgmode.org/manual/Images-in-LaTeX-export.html
>
> It just takes you to the Latex Export page. Most of the links on the
> latex export page don't seem to go anywhere.

I expect that the problem was fixed some time ago. Perhaps your browser
cached old response from the HTTP server.

curl -I https://orgmode.org/manual/Images-in-LaTeX-export.html
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: nginx/1.14.2
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 09:35:25 GMT
Last-Modified: Sat, 15 Oct 2022 16:21:14 GMT
Connection: keep-alive
ETag: "634addfa-1cfa"
Accept-Ranges: bytes

Earlier it was 301 permanent redirection with the Location header. See
the previous thread:

Bastien Guerry. Re: Some links in online manual do not work. Wed, 12 Oct
2022 06:11:47 +0200. https//list.orgmode.org/87a661he9o.fsf@gnu.org

and the reason of server configuration changes caused the issue

Rudolf Adamkovič. [BUG] The documentation webserver gives 404s. Sun, 03
Jul 2022 12:01:24 +0200. https://list.orgmode.org/m2sfni5xcb.fsf@me.com