Jean Louis writes: > * Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide [2022-10-25 18:06]: >> > This wish request is related to Emacs EWW and Org mode. >> > >> > Please make EWW recognize Org file when served by WWW server. Currently >> > it does not recognize the MIME type text/x-org and opens the file as >> > text, it does not invoke the org mode. In my opinion, it should. >> >> This sounds dangerous. Org mode can execute untrusted code, so this >> could trick people into running untrusted code with the permissions of >> their Emacs. > > I can always do that in Emacs, execute untrusted code. There are no > trust mechanisms for plethora of Emacs packages and codes distributed > over Internet. All of the Emacs packages have some amount of implicit trust. Even melpa carefully vets packages nowadays. That’s not the case for some website you visit. > That was not my request. > > Do you know how to make this work? If you ask me whether I can make this work safely: This would first require the introduction of a safe-org-mode which strictly disables all features that can execute remote code or disguise unsafe operations as safe ones. If a user then decides to explicitly call M-x org-mode, that’s their problem. If you ask me whether I know how to make this work unsafely: It likely won’t need a lot of elisp reading, but I do not, because I do not look for it, because if I did, I would not. I do not want to be the one who caused the systems of eww users to get breached, or who helped opening that security hole. Best wishes, Arne -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein, ohne es zu merken. draketo.de