Ihor Radchenko writes: >> As explained in the ChangeLog entry, this points to a more general issue where >> `org-cite-basic--get-field' is expected to return nil or a string, but calls >> `org-cite-basic--get-entry' that may return an association list. I am not sure >> how to fix that since it means converting anything that >> `org-cite-basic--get-entry' may return into a string. > > Non-string can only be for JSON bibliographies for fields that are not > supported. `org-cite-basic--get-field' can probably return nil in such > scenarios. I am attaching tentative patch that will make `org-cite-basic--get-field' throw an error when the filed value is not a string. I would appreciate testing. Best, Ihor