* I want minus-key to give me `-' only
@ 2023-02-20  9:02 Colin Baxter
From: Colin Baxter @ 2023-02-20  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

In an org-mode buffer, I notice a depression of the minus-key `-' now
also gives an under-bar. I find this very annoying. I never insert the
subsequent letter `—' whatever it's called, and I do not want it. How do
I remove this "feature" such that a depression of the minus-key will
give me immediately the minus character `-'?

Colin Baxter.

* Re: I want minus-key to give me `-' only
@ 2023-02-20  9:10 ` Ruijie Yu via General discussions about Org-mode.
From: Ruijie Yu via General discussions about Org-mode. @ 2023-02-20  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: m43cap; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Colin Baxter <m43cap@yandex.com> writes:

> In an org-mode buffer, I notice a depression of the minus-key `-' now
> also gives an under-bar. I find this very annoying. I never insert the
> subsequent letter `—' whatever it's called, and I do not want it. How do
> I remove this "feature" such that a depression of the minus-key will
> give me immediately the minus character `-'?
>
> Colin Baxter.

Not quite sure what "depression" means in your message -- my guess is
the act of "releasing" this key.  Either case, I cannot reproduce your
issue on emacs-29 (8a18369afdc3) with org release_9.6-81-g563a43.

What is your keyboard configuration?  I'm using a US keyboard and I
suspect you are observing something from key composition.  Or maybe from
your Emacs input method like latex.  Attaching the result of this might
help others to investigate:

    M-: current-input-method RET

--
Best,

RY

* Re: I want minus-key to give me `-' only
@ 2023-02-20  9:18 ` Colin Baxter
From: Colin Baxter @ 2023-02-20  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

    > In an org-mode buffer, I notice a depression of the minus-key `-'
    > now also gives an under-bar. I find this very annoying. I never
    > insert the subsequent letter `—️' whatever it's called, and I do
    > not want it. How do I remove this "feature" such that a depression
    > of the minus-key will give me immediately the minus character `-'?

    > Colin Baxter.

Forget this request. Idiot me had set the input method to TeX and
forgotten about it!