* org-table-row face
@ 2024-05-13 17:13 Colin Baxter
From: Colin Baxter @ 2024-05-13 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I read in ORG-NEWS

Now, new ~org-table-row~ face is used on the whole table row lines,
including indentation and the final newline. This face, by default,
inherits from ~org-table~ face.

If the new behavior is not desired, ~org-table-row~ face can be
changed to inherit from ~default~ face.

It most certainly is not desired, at least not by me. However, I find
the remedy opaque: "org-table-row face can be changed from inherit from
default face". What do I actually have to do to achieve this?

Thanks.

* Re: org-table-row face
@ 2024-05-13 18:25 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2024-05-13 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: m43cap; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Colin Baxter <m43cap@yandex.com> writes:

> I read in ORG-NEWS

> Now, new ~org-table-row~ face is used on the whole table row lines,
> including indentation and the final newline. This face, by default,
> inherits from ~org-table~ face.
>
> If the new behavior is not desired, ~org-table-row~ face can be
> changed to inherit from ~default~ face.
>
> It most certainly is not desired, at least not by me. However, I find
> the remedy opaque: "org-table-row face can be changed from inherit from
> default face". What do I actually have to do to achieve this?

Set 'inherit property of the face.
For example, see 51.1.5 Customizing Faces.

Would it help if I add a link to that manual page from ORG-NEWS?

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: org-table-row face
@ 2024-05-13 20:16   ` Colin Baxter
From: Colin Baxter @ 2024-05-13 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

    > Colin Baxter <m43cap@yandex.com> writes:
    >> I read in ORG-NEWS

    >> Now, new ~org-table-row~ face is used on the whole table row
    >> lines, including indentation and the final newline. This face, by
    >> default, inherits from ~org-table~ face.
    >>
    >> If the new behavior is not desired, ~org-table-row~ face can be
    >> changed to inherit from ~default~ face.  --8<---------------cut
    >> here---------------end--------------->8---
    >>
    >> It most certainly is not desired, at least not by me. However, I
    >> find the remedy opaque: "org-table-row face can be changed from
    >> inherit from default face". What do I actually have to do to
    >> achieve this?

    > Set 'inherit property of the face.  For example, see 51.1.5
    > Customizing Faces.

Thanks, so presumably I just use set-face-attribute.

    > Would it help if I add a link to that manual page from ORG-NEWS?

Yes, thanks again.

Colin.

* Re: org-table-row face
@ 2024-05-14  8:02     ` Fraga, Eric
From: Fraga, Eric @ 2024-05-14  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Colin Baxter; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Monday, 13 May 2024 at 21:16, Colin Baxter wrote:
> Thanks, so presumably I just use set-face-attribute.

For many/most face aspects, I find the customize interface the easiest
to use.  Simply

M-x customize-face RET org-table-row RET

(and then probably click on "Show all attributes").

You can see that the inherit option is selected if the face has not
previously been customised.

--
: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.6.23-1320-g1be2f9 in Emacs 30.0.50

* Re: org-table-row face
@ 2024-05-15  8:06       ` Colin Baxter
From: Colin Baxter @ 2024-05-15  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List

Dear Eric,

    ,> On Monday, 13 May 2024 at 21:16, Colin Baxter wrote:
    >> Thanks, so presumably I just use set-face-attribute.

    ,> For many/most face aspects, I find the customize interface the
    ,> easiest to use.  Simply

    ,> M-x customize-face RET org-table-row RET

I don't use customize-faces at all. I've now set it in my theme file.

Thanks.

Colin.

* Re: org-table-row face
@ 2024-05-17 11:05     ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2024-05-17 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: m43cap; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Colin Baxter <m43cap@yandex.com> writes:

>     > Would it help if I add a link to that manual page from ORG-NEWS?
>
> Yes, thanks again.

Done.
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=ea8ed59c0

--