* HTML export with one key
@ 2009-06-13 14:31 Stefan Vollmar
From: Stefan Vollmar @ 2009-06-13 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I am excited about using org-mode for generating HTML code, in fact,
for one project I do that so frequently that I wanted to have a simple
shortcut instead of having to press:
C-x C-s  C-c C-e b

I have tried (I know very little Lisp, sorry):

(defun my-org-export ()
"save, then export current org file to html, open in browser"
   (save-buffer)
   (interactive)
   (org-export-as-html-and-open t))

(global-set-key [(f2)] 'my-org-export)

... which does most of the job as intended. However, using this
function yields HTML output which renders second- and third-level
headlines into itemized lists whereas I want to have the default
behaviour (1.1, 1.2, 1.2.3, etc).

Many thanks for any tips on how to improve this!
Warm regards,
  Stefan
--
Dr. Stefan Vollmar, Dipl.-Phys.
Max-Planck-Institut für neurologische Forschung

* Re: HTML export with one key
@ 2009-06-13 19:54 ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2009-06-13 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Vollmar; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Ah - got it:

the docs of org-export-as-html-and-open says:

  "Export the outline as HTML and immediately open it with a browser.
If there is an active region, export only the region.
The prefix ARG specifies how many levels of the outline should become
headlines.  The default is 3.  Lower levels will become bulleted lists."

Means: exchange `t' with the headline level you need.

You might look into the functions in ..../org-mode/lisp/org-html.el to
find out more.

   Sebastian

Stefan Vollmar <vollmar@nf.mpg.de> writes:
> Hello,
>
> I am excited about using org-mode for generating HTML code, in fact, for one
> project I do that so frequently that I wanted to have a simple  shortcut instead
> of having to press:
> C-x C-s  C-c C-e b
>
> I have tried (I know very little Lisp, sorry):
>
> (defun my-org-export ()
> "save, then export current org file to html, open in browser"
>   (save-buffer)
>   (interactive)
>   (org-export-as-html-and-open t))
>
> (global-set-key [(f2)] 'my-org-export)
>
> ... which does most of the job as intended. However, using this function yields
> HTML output which renders second- and third-level  headlines into itemized lists
> whereas I want to have the default  behaviour (1.1, 1.2, 1.2.3, etc).
>
> Many thanks for any tips on how to improve this!
> Warm regards,
>  Stefan
> --
> Dr. Stefan Vollmar, Dipl.-Phys.
> Max-Planck-Institut für neurologische Forschung
> Gleuelerstr. 50, 50931 Köln, Germany
> Tel.: +49-221-4726-213  FAX +49-221-4726-298
> Tel.: +49-221-478-5713  Mobile: 0160-93874279
> Email: vollmar@nf.mpg.de   http://www.nf.mpg.de

Sebastian Rose, EMMA STIL - mediendesign, Niemeyerstr.6, 30449 Hannover
Tel.:  +49 (0)511 - 36 58 472
Fax:   +49 (0)1805 - 233633 - 11044
mobil: +49 (0)173 - 83 93 417
Email: s.rose@emma-stil.de, sebastian_rose@gmx.de
Http:  www.emma-stil.de

* Re: HTML export with one key
@ 2009-06-13 20:10   ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2009-06-13 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Vollmar; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Sebastian Rose <sebastian_rose@gmx.de> writes:
> Ah - got it:
>
> the docs of org-export-as-html-and-open says:
>

>   "Export the outline as HTML and immediately open it with a browser.
> If there is an active region, export only the region.
> The prefix ARG specifies how many levels of the outline should become
> headlines.  The default is 3.  Lower levels will become bulleted lists."
>

> Means: exchange `t' with the headline level you need.

To use your global default for headline levels:

(defun my-org-export ()
"save, then export current org file to html, open in browser"
(save-buffer)
(interactive)
(org-export-as-html-and-open org-export-headline-levels))

(global-set-key [(f2)] 'my-org-export)

Regards

    Sebastian