* Annoying face customizations
@ 2009-08-13 13:38 Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2009-08-13 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Carsten,

I have a small problem with the org customize interface.  I have two
systems which I sync files between using git (my Eee PC and my Linux
Workstation).  I've started syncing my .emacs and custom.el files along
with my org-mode files.

Both systems are running the same version of GNU Emacs 22.2.1
(i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.11) of 2008-11-09 on raven,
modified by Debian and org-mode.

However on my workstation when I customize org-tags-alist or
org-agenda-custom-commands I get face information embedded in the data
like this:

,----
|  '(org-tag-alist (quote ((:startgroup) (#("@InTown" 0 7 (face nil)) . 116) (#("@Work" 0 5 (face org-done)) . 119) ...
`----

but my Eee PC doesn't do this.  It saves changes like this

,----
|  '(org-tag-alist (quote ((:startgroup) ("@InTown" . 116) ("@Work" . 119) ...
`----

This makes synchronizing changes with git a bit hard since there are
always conflicts for the different face information.  Ideally I'd like
to just remove the face information completely so that it looks like the
second entry above.

Is there some way to control this?

Thanks,
Bernt