* Common Lisp / SLIME support for babel
@ 2010-07-31  3:08 David O'Toole
From: David O'Toole @ 2010-07-31  3:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, I've updated my proposed ob-lisp module for the new API. I am now
using org updated from git head.
http://github.com/dto/org-babel-lisp

Despite having the ob-template.el and ob-clojure modules, I'm still
stuck making sessions work properly. Executing successive statements
with an already-open SLIME session works (testing with SBCL and latest
SLIME) but it doesn't update the *inferior-lisp* buffer the way I
would like, hangs emacs, and also results in weird errors about
"asynchronous evaluation aborted".

The tangling works since it is language-agnostic, and the tangling is
95% of what i need. But I would love to be able to execute blocks
dynamically without the glitches I have now.

Perhaps someone more familiar with org and slime could help? I feel
like I've run out of ideas.

Thanks everyone. By the way, I am still working on my DAM (digital
asset management) litprog ideas, inspired by org-babel.
The current version of my proposal document with some ideas:
http://github.com/dto/hypo/raw/master/hypo.org
An example, working on a game's code using org-babel literate tools:
http://github.com/dto/xe2/raw/master/void/void.org

* Re: Common Lisp / SLIME support for babel
@ 2010-08-03 14:12 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2010-08-03 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi David,

I've forked your github repository, and I now have it to the point where
basic session and external evaluation are both working on my system
using SBCL.

It is now also possible to pass variables into lisp blocks.

It certainly needs more cleanup and testing, but this initial pass is up
at http://github.com/eschulte/org-babel-lisp

Cheers -- Eric

@ 2010-08-03 14:40   ` David O'Toole
From: David O'Toole @ 2010-08-03 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Eric,

I just tried it out, and it seems to work great! Thanks so much for
this. So, I already have FSF papers, consider it yours :)

@ 2010-08-03 15:09     ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2010-08-03 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Great!

I'll merge this into Org-mode now, and we can continue its development
and maintenance from there.

Thanks -- Eric