Jules Bean wrote: >On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 09:08:00AM +0200, David Maus wrote: >> >Manually adding it to org-link-types makes it work correctly. For me, >> >anyway. >> >> True enough. But what is a "message:" link? Can you give an example >> of its usage? >message:<87hbhosv8v.wl%dmaus@ictsoc.de> >or >message://<87hbhosv8v.wl%dmaus@ictsoc.de> >(I'm not sure which is technically correct, they both work here) >is a link, by message-id, to the email I'm replying to. >My hazy memory says this URL schema originates in the first version of >netscape which supported mail+news, it enabled you to link directly to >a particular message (in an email folder or a newsgroup). It was also >how netscape "implemented" the In-Reply-To and References headers, >which were clickable and took you to the messages concerned. >I can't substantiate that memory, though. The only references I find >on the internet are to OSX Leopard and Apple Mail (which does happen >to be what I'm using it with). >Wikipedia thinks that the correct IANA form is 'mid:', but that >doesn't actually work on my system. Thanks for the explanation. The message: link type is indeed not an registered URI prefix[1], but mid: is. Anyway, message: is added to Org's default link types. Thanks for reporting, -- David [1] http://www.iana.org/assignments/uri-schemes.html -- OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6 Jabber.... dmjena@jabber.org Email..... dmaus@ictsoc.de