* [Org-contacts] 3 2 1 go?
@ 2011-03-05 22:58 Andrea Crotti
From: Andrea Crotti @ 2011-03-05 22:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

So I finally setup gnus after reading some thousand of pages of manuals,
now the only thing which is missing is an address book...

I tried out org-contacts and it looks great, also because from my
understanding BBDB has never been included in the Emacs default
distribution and it's quite old..

So is there also a way to get all the contacts from my OSX address
book?
I can export to vCard and then it should not be hard to convert all the
mails, but maybe someone already scripted that?

The thing I'm wondering more is, is org-contacts only thought for mail
addresses?

Because I would really like to have a complete address book support from
the command-line/Emacs to get rid of the stupid osx AddressBook.app, but
it doesn't look that the purpose is this, right?

Thanks for the great job :)
Andrea