* org export not working
@ 2011-02-28  3:48 John Rakestraw
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: John Rakestraw @ 2011-02-28  3:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi, list --

Just finished grading exams, writing student comments in org-mode. I've
attempted to export the comments to pdf so that I can print and distribute
to the class, and when I export I get this error message:

Symbol's function definition is void: org-search-forward-unenclosed

C-h f org-search-forward-unenclosed confirms that there's no such function
defined.

I get the same error message when I export to html and to ascii. It
doesn't seem to matter what I'm trying to export (nor what document class
I use), but here's a dummy sample file that won't export:

* John Doe
  :PROPERTIES:
  :COLUMNS:  %ITEM %Grade{+}
  :END:
#+BEGIN: columnview :hlines 2 :vlines t :id local
#+END
** Credit for name
   :PROPERTIES:
   :Grade:    6
   :END:
** Terms
   :PROPERTIES:
   :Grade: 16.5
   :END:

** Student 101, Question: 2-1
  :PROPERTIES:
  :Grade: 13.5
  :END:
   - Comments on this student's response to this question on the
     exam. More comments.
** Student 101, Question: 2-4
  :PROPERTIES:
  :Grade: 16.5
  :END:
   - More comments here. Still more comments.
** Student 101, Question: 3-2
  :PROPERTIES:
  :Grade: 35
  :END:
   - Here we have some numbered comments on the essay.
     1. This is the first of the numbered comments.
     2. This is the second numbered comment.

So far as I know, I've changed nothing in my set-up since last week, when
I successfully exported the exam that I just finished grading. I have,
however, upgraded org in the meantime.

I realize that this could well be user error, but I can't find what it is.
And my students are going to be pretty unhappy if I don't return these
exams tomorrow. Can someone suggest what I might check?

GNU Emacs 23.2.1
latest git version of org

--
John Rakestraw

* Re: org export not working
@ 2011-02-28  4:03 ` Anthony Lander
From: Anthony Lander @ 2011-02-28  4:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Rakestraw; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi John,

On 11-Feb-27, at 10:48 PM, John Rakestraw wrote:

> Hi, list --
>
> Just finished grading exams, writing student comments in org-mode.
> I've
> attempted to export the comments to pdf so that I can print and
> distribute
> to the class, and when I export I get this error message:

> Symbol's function definition is void: org-search-forward-unenclosed
>
> C-h f org-search-forward-unenclosed confirms that there's no such
> function
> defined.

You might consider temporarily rolling back your org-mode. The
function was defined in org-list.el a few weeks ago (my latest pull).

Hope this helps,

   -Anthony

* Re: org export not working
@ 2011-02-28  4:23   ` John Rakestraw
From: John Rakestraw @ 2011-02-28  4:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anthony Lander; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi, Anthony --

On Sun, 27 Feb 2011, Anthony Lander wrote:
> You might consider temporarily rolling back your org-mode. The
> function was defined in org-list.el a few weeks ago (my latest pull).

D'oh. Why didn't I think of that?

It worked. Thanks.

--
John Rakestraw

* Re: org export not working
@ 2011-02-28  9:13 ` Nicolas
From: Nicolas @ 2011-02-28  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Rakestraw; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

John Rakestraw <lists@johnrakestraw.com> writes:

> Symbol's function definition is void: org-search-forward-unenclosed

This function has been removed (or to be more precise replaced by
`org-list-search-forward') recently, and there's no occurrence of it
left in the code base.

Did you reload Org properly after upgrading? Do you have some function
in your own configuration files calling it?

Nicolas

* Re: org export not working
@ 2011-03-13 17:57 ` David Maus
From: David Maus @ 2011-03-13 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Rakestraw; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi John,

At Sun, 27 Feb 2011 22:48:03 -0500,
John Rakestraw wrote:

> So far as I know, I've changed nothing in my set-up since last week, when
> I successfully exported the exam that I just finished grading. I have,
> however, upgraded org in the meantime.
>
> I realize that this could well be user error, but I can't find what it is.
> And my students are going to be pretty unhappy if I don't return these
> exams tomorrow. Can someone suggest what I might check?

Too late for your student but does this problem still persists?

Best,
  -- David
--
OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6
Jabber.... dmjena@jabber.org

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 230 bytes --]

* Re: org export not working
@ 2011-03-13 23:58   ` John Rakestraw
From: John Rakestraw @ 2011-03-13 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Maus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi, David --

On Sun, 13 Mar 2011, David Maus wrote:
> Too late for your student but does this problem still persists?

It was user error. I found an old copy of org-export.el lurking in my load
path.

--
John Rakestraw