* Firefox 4 in Ubuntu 11.04 and org-protocol
@ 2011-05-07  3:03 Rafael
From: Rafael @ 2011-05-07  3:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi!

Has anybody been succesful in using the tutorial
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/org-protocol.html
in the setting described in the subject (Firefox 4, Ubuntu 11.04)?

Those instructions worked perfectly for me in previous versions of
Ubuntu and Firefox, but now I always get the dreaded message

Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol
(org-protocol) isn't associated with any program.

I have run the two commands starting with 'gconftool-2', I have checked
with gconf-editor that the settings intended have been set, I have tried
the method in http://kb.mozillazine.org/Register_protocol and also that
in
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/The%20protocol%20is%20not%20associated%20with%20any%20program?s=protocol&as=s.

No luck so far...