* Checkbox Statistics - Report Progress
@ 2011-06-17  6:24 neil whitley
From: neil whitley @ 2011-06-17  6:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

I want to include the checkbox statistics in my custom agenda which I
use to report my past weekly work to my boss.

I would like to have something like:

Monday

Project A [30%] Complete Today
Project B [85%] Complete Today
Project C [50%] Complete Today

Tuesday

Project A [40%] Complete Today
Project B [90%] Complete Today
Project C [45%] Complete Today

.......etc....etc....

Friday

Project A [100%] Complete Today
Project B [97%] Complete  Today
Project C [50%] Complete  Today

The way the statistics work as far as I can see is that they give an
instant 'snapshot'. BUT is there a way to generate an agenda report that
shows how the projects have progressed to [100%] ?

Maybe have checkbox statistics logged as they change with a timestamp
for example?

Thanks :-)

Neil

* Re: Checkbox Statistics - Report Progress
@ 2011-06-29  9:07 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-06-29  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: neil whitley; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Neil,

neil whitley <neil.whitley@yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> The way the statistics work as far as I can see is that they give an
> instant 'snapshot'. BUT is there a way to generate an agenda report that
> shows how the projects have progressed to [100%] ?

This is not currently possible.

> Maybe have checkbox statistics logged as they change with a timestamp
> for example?

We could implement this by adding a log note to the parent-with-stats
task each time a subtask is marked DONE.  But I need to think a bit more
about this -- normally notes are for the task you act upon, not for
another task, so this change might involve a more general change.

But thanks for the idea, I would love to make Org handle this.

--
 Bastien