Hello, I don't know what has changed or when but, being the start of a new month, I am doing my finances. I use ledger for this and, of course, within org! Evaluating a ledger source code block now takes a significant amount of time. Babel seems to search org files throughout my disk for IDs. I get messages like this: ,---- | ... | Finding ID locations (13/65 files): ~/git/notes/personal.org | Finding ID locations (14/65 files): ~/git/notes/research.org | Finding ID locations (15/65 files): ~/git/notes/tasks.org | ... `---- I am using ":noweb yes" but otherwise I cannot see why org + babel need to scan files throughout the disk? A minimal example that exhibits this behaviour is attached. Evaluating the second code block generates the lines shown above. Evaluating the first block does not which is why I think this may have something to do with :noweb. Up to date org (see signature below). thanks, eric