* org-capture-templates file+datetree+prompt question
@ 2011-12-06  6:04 Erik Hetzner
From: Erik Hetzner @ 2011-12-06  6:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I would like to use a capture template to capture calendar entries &
file them to a date tree organized calendar.org file.

Specifically, what I want to happen is this: the template prompts me
for a date, then prompts me for headline. The date should be used for
the datetree & used as a datestamp in the headline.

I have tried the following template:

  (setq org-capture-templates
        '(("c" "Calendar" entry (file+datetree+prompt "~/s/notes/calendar.org")

What happens with this is that I get prompted for a date, which is
used to file the entry in the datetree, but the date in the headline
is always today’s date.

If I use `k c` in the agenda (org-agenda-action) this works as
expected, with no prompting for a date, the entry filed properly in
the datetree, and the date in the headline set properly.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

best, Erik