Hello, The following patch simplifies syntax for attributes. From the user POV, it removes necessity to quote or escape characters. For example, these are now valid: #+attr_latex: :font \footnotesize :align |l|c|c| #+attr_foo: :prop var="value" :another-prop nil From the developer POV, each non-nil value is now read as a string by `org-export-read-attribute'. So: #+attr_something: :width 70 will be read as: '(:width "70") If there's no major problem with it, I'll apply it before Monday. Though, I think ox-odt needs double-checking. Regards, -- Nicolas Goaziou