* Further problems with export
@ 2013-03-13 13:05 Neuwirth Erich
From: Neuwirth Erich @ 2013-03-13 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org Mode

After being able to build again,
I cannot export now.

In my .emacs I have

;; using the new exporter
(define-key org-mode-map (kbd "C-c C-e") 'org-export-dispatch)

When I try to export with
C-c C-e
I get a window with the menu for the export commands,
and a prompt
Export command:
in the bottom line (minibuffer window)
When I then press
h (one of the highlighted keys)
the shortcut keys listed under the
Export to HTML item become highlighted (red)
and when I then press
which should export to html and open the file
the minibuffer displays
Symbol's function definition is void: org-export-blocks-preprocess

The same problem occurs for any other export option I tried.

How can I make things work again?

* Re: Further problems with export
@ 2013-03-13 14:16 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-03-13 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Neuwirth Erich; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org Mode

Hi Erich,

Neuwirth Erich <erich.neuwirth@univie.ac.at> writes:

> How can I make things work again?

Provided you installed Org correctly, restarting Emacs
will do.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Further problems with export
@ 2013-03-13 22:46   ` Neuwirth Erich
From: Neuwirth Erich @ 2013-03-13 22:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org Mode

I found that I need to add
(require 'org-exp-blocks)
to my .emacs
But now I get another error:
Symbol's value as variable is void: org-agenda-export-html-style

My guess is that I need another require in .emacs
Please help ,me what I need to do.
Currently I do

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
(require 'org)
(require 'org-e-latex)
(require 'org-e-html)
(require 'org-e-beamer)
(require 'org-e-ascii)
(require 'org-e-odt)
(require 'org-exp-blocks)

(global-set-key (kbd "C-c C-e") 'org-export-dispatch)

(add-hook 'org-babel-after-execute-hook 'org-display-inline-images)
(add-hook 'org-mode-hook 'org-display-inline-images)
(setq org-confirm-babel-evaluate nil)
(setq org-export-html-validation-link nil)
(setq org-export-allow-BIND t)
(setq org-support-shift-select t)
(setq org-src-fontify-natively t)

@ 2013-03-13 22:56     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-03-13 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Neuwirth Erich; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org Mode

Hi Erich,

Neuwirth Erich <erich.neuwirth@univie.ac.at> writes:

> Symbol's value as variable is void: org-agenda-export-html-style

How do you get this error?

> My guess is that I need another require in .emacs

(require 'org) is the only thing you need.

If you add requires for org-e-* libraries, then you need to set
the load-path correctly -- did you do so?

--
 Bastien

* Re: Further problems with export
@ 2013-03-13 23:25       ` Neuwirth Erich
From: Neuwirth Erich @ 2013-03-13 23:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org Mode

I install everything in site-lisp

On OSX this is

/Applications/Emacs.App/Contents/Resources/site-lisp/org

This should be on the load path automatically.
And I did not change my configuration and everything worked fine for quite some time.

@ 2013-03-13 23:47     ` Aaron Ecay
From: Aaron Ecay @ 2013-03-13 23:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Neuwirth Erich; +Cc: Bastien, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org Mode

Hi Erich,

org-exp-blocks only works with the old exporter, not the new one.  It
was removed from the master branch git repo in commit ee3b3eb on Mar 2.
I’m not clear what version of org you are using (seems it’s not master,
as the org-e-foo files have been renamed ox-foo), but you should beware
of picking up an old version of some elisp files from the org-mode that
comes bundled with emacs.

I’ve heard
(http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/64972/focus=65013) that the
new exporter supports in some way the org-exp-blocks functionality, but
I still don’t know how exactly that works.

I don’t know what is causing your error specifically, but maybe making
sure the lisp files you are loading all come from the same version of
org will help.  I *think* that you should make sure that the
installation directory for org comes first in the ‘load-path’ variable
then using just (require 'org) as Bastien suggests should do the trick.
You might need to install the org files to a directory outside of the
Emacs.app bundle, then manually add that to ‘load-path’.

--
Aaron Ecay

* Re: Further problems with export
@ 2013-03-14  1:15       ` Neuwirth Erich
From: Neuwirth Erich @ 2013-03-14  1:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aaron Ecay; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org Mode

OK,
one of my problems was that I did not notice that Emacs itself has org
in its lisp directory.
So I had two versions.

So I started again and did a fresh install of Emacs
but I also had a version installed in my ~/.emacs.d/elpa
and then I installed a third version in site-lisp

Of cours, that way I got an messy installation.
I am cleaning up now.

When I try to build from the git version, I now get an error:

In toplevel form:
org-special-blocks.el:40:1:Error: Cannot open load file: org-html
Compiling /Users/neuwirth/devel/org-mode/lisp/org-version.el...

This happened after I removed the original list/org that came with Emacs.

What can I do about that?
Do I need to keep the org files that came with Emacs?

* Re: Further problems with export
@ 2013-03-14  1:25         ` Neuwirth Erich
From: Neuwirth Erich @ 2013-03-14  1:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aaron Ecay; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org Mode

Further investigation shows that in the git version
org-special-blocks.el
contains
(require org-html)
but no file org-html.el exists.
How can I solve this problem?

@ 2013-03-14  1:50           ` Neuwirth Erich
From: Neuwirth Erich @ 2013-03-14  1:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aaron Ecay; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org Mode

So for a try I changed
(require org-html)
(require ox-html)

I could build it, and with the git version of org being the only version in the load-path
I tried to export a file as html file

C-c C-e h o

and then I get
Symbol's value as variable is void: org-element-document-properties

What next?

@ 2013-03-14  2:06             ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-03-14  2:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Neuwirth Erich; +Cc: Aaron Ecay, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org Mode

Hi Erich,

what about starting from a fresh Emacs and Org install, following
the instructions on http://orgmode.org/org.html#Installation and
report back then?

Deleting the built-in Org version is calling for trouble... just
install the new version on top of the existing one, set the correct
load-paths, and you're set.

HTH,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Further problems with export
@ 2013-03-14  5:11           ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2013-03-14  5:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Neuwirth Erich; +Cc: Aaron Ecay, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org Mode

Neuwirth Erich <erich.neuwirth@univie.ac.at> wrote:

> Further investigation shows that in the git version
> org-special-blocks.el
> contains
> (require org-html)
> but no file org-html.el exists.
> How can I solve this problem?

What branch are you using? If you are on maint, both org-special-blocks.el
and org-html.el exist, but if you are on master, neither exists.

So the fact that you still have one and not the other probably means
that you have still a somewhat dirty installation.

Nick

@ 2013-03-14  7:04         ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2013-03-14  7:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Neuwirth Erich writes:
> I install everything in site-lisp
>
> On OSX this is
>
> /Applications/Emacs.App/Contents/Resources/site-lisp/org
>
> This should be on the load path automatically.
> And I did not change my configuration and everything worked fine for quite some time.

Try

make clean-install install

to remove any old files you may have there before installing the new
ones.  Then check your init files to _not_ reference any old exporter
files as Emacs may find and load them from the version of Org it is
itself delivered with.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: Further problems with export
@ 2013-03-14  9:21           ` Neuwirth Erich
From: Neuwirth Erich @ 2013-03-14  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Achim Gratz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I put my old source directory away and started afresh:
git clone git://orgmode.org/org-mode.git

And I did
make up1
sudo make clean-install install

When I try to create an open an html file with

C-c C-e h o

I still get

Symbol's value as variable is void: org-element-document-properties

Below is what I have changed in my local.mk

# Name of your emacs binary
#EMACS  = emacs
EMACS=/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs

# Where local software is found
#prefix = /usr/share
prefix = /Applications/Emacs.App/Contents/Resources

# Where local lisp files go.
#lispdir= $(prefix)/emacs/site-lisp/org
lispdir= $(prefix)/site-lisp/org

# Where local data files go.
datadir = $(prefix)/emacs/etc/org
datadir = $(prefix)/etc/org

# Where info files go.
infodir = $(prefix)/info

@ 2013-03-14 19:15             ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2013-03-14 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Neuwirth Erich writes:
> I put my old source directory away and started afresh:
> git clone git://orgmode.org/org-mode.git

I'm not sure what you were trying to accomplish.  You can always check
with "git status" what's going on in your worktree and if necessary you
can "git clean" anything you think shouldn't be there.

> And I did
> make up1
> sudo make clean-install install

That should have taken care of the installation.

> When I try to create an open an html file with
>
> C-c C-e h o
>
> I still get
>
> Symbol's value as variable is void: org-element-document-properties

You'll have to fix your init files, it looks like you're still
referencing old symbols someplace.  Start with an empty one and work
from there.

Regards,
Achim.