* Local footnotes -> inline
@ 2013-03-31 19:03 Alan L Tyree
From: Alan L Tyree @ 2013-03-31 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

G'day,
Some time back there was mention of converting Local footnoted (defined
at end of outline node) to inline footnotes and vice-versa.

Is there a way to do this? Or has anyone defined private functions to do
it?

Local footnotes are easier to read, but inline notes a easier to cut and
paste.

Thanks for any help,
Alan

--
Alan L Tyree           http://www2.austlii.edu.au/~alan
Tel:  04 2748 6206     sip:172385@iptel.org

* Re: Local footnotes -> inline
@ 2013-04-04 10:12 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-04-04 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan L Tyree; +Cc: Org-mode

Hi Alan,

Alan L Tyree <alantyree@gmail.com> writes:

> G'day,
> Some time back there was mention of converting Local footnoted (defined
> at end of outline node) to inline footnotes and vice-versa.

Yep, I suggested this.

> Is there a way to do this?

Not currently.

> Or has anyone defined private functions to do it?
>
> Local footnotes are easier to read, but inline notes a easier to cut and
> paste.

Help is welcome here, I hope someone can come up with a hack.

Best,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Local footnotes -> inline
@ 2013-04-04 12:17   ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-04-04 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Org-mode, Alan L Tyree

Hello,

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> Hi Alan,
>
> Alan L Tyree <alantyree@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> G'day,
>> Some time back there was mention of converting Local footnoted (defined
>> at end of outline node) to inline footnotes and vice-versa.
>
> Yep, I suggested this.
>
>> Is there a way to do this?
>
> Not currently.
>
>> Or has anyone defined private functions to do it?
>>
>> Local footnotes are easier to read, but inline notes a easier to cut and
>> paste.
>
> Help is welcome here, I hope someone can come up with a hack.

Such a function would be fragile since inline footnotes contents are
only a subset of regular footnotes contents.

Nicolas Goaziou