* bug: in source block, titles are not seen as source
@ 2014-05-28  4:13 Ian Kelling
From: Ian Kelling @ 2014-05-28  4:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I've had this bug me a few times when I work with here documents in bash.

#+begin_src sh
some-command <<'EOF'
* some text
EOF
#+end_src

the line beginning with * is treated as a title and folded. The same
goes for example blocks, and perhaps other things.

as a workaround, I can insert a tab char, and change the redirection
operator to <<- to strip leading tabs

some-command <<-'EOF'
	* some text
EOF

- Ian

* Re: bug: in source block, titles are not seen as source
@ 2014-05-28  7:02 ` Albert Krewinkel
From: Albert Krewinkel @ 2014-05-28  7:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Kelling; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Ian,

Ian Kelling <ian@iankelling.org> writes:

> I've had this bug me a few times when I work with here documents in bash.
>
> #+begin_src sh
> some-command <<'EOF'
> * some text
> EOF
> #+end_src
>
> the line beginning with * is treated as a title and folded. The same
> goes for example blocks, and perhaps other things.

You can escape leading stars by putting a comma in front of them:

#+begin_src sh
cat <<'EOF'
,* some text
EOF
#+end_src

This should do what you want.

HTH,
Albert

--
Albert Krewinkel

* Re: bug: in source block, titles are not seen as source
@ 2014-05-28 14:52   ` Ian Kelling
From: Ian Kelling @ 2014-05-28 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Albert Krewinkel; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Albert Krewinkel <tarleb@moltkeplatz.de> writes:

> Hi Ian,
>
> You can escape leading stars by putting a comma in front of them:
>
> #+begin_src sh
> cat <<'EOF'
> ,* some text
> EOF