* How to extend the HTML exporter for e-learning stuff
@ 2014-09-27 23:07 Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2014-09-27 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi list,

some time ago i asked about extending the exporter, but I did not
experiment with it yet.  Now the time has come - I'll need to generate
some HTML + CSS + JS e-learning materials, and I want to do it with
Org-mode.  I think I'll manage the CSS and JS parts, but what gets
tricky is the HTML part: I'd like to minimize hassle.

Assume that I want to have a multiple choice test.  What I want to
obtain is e.g. this:

    Which text editors are reasonable?
    Emacs
    Vim
    Notepad
    Microsoft Word

Now I know that I can obtain all of this using properties like
:HTML_CONTAINER_CLASS: and :CUSTOM_ID:, but this seems very cumbersome.

So, my question is twofold.  First, what would you suggest as the input
(on the Org side)?  In other words, are there any ideas of how to
mark-up the semantics of a mct in Org-mode?  Here's one of my attempts:

* Which text editors are reasonable?					:mct:
** Emacs								:yes:
** Vim									:yes:
** Notepad								 :no:
** Microsoft Word							 :no:

(based on tags).  (I think tags are better than properties here, since
they are more easily visible in the Org source.)

Here's another one:

* Which text editors are reasonable?
:PROPERTIES:
:test-type: mct
:END:
- [X] Emacs
- [X] Vim
- [ ] Notepad
- [ ] Microsoft Word

Both seem to have one disadvantage: long questions = long headings,
which looks bad.

And yet another, completely different:

* Question on text editors						:mct:
** Question
Which text editors are reasonable?
** Right answer
Emacs
** Right answer
Vim
** Wrong answer
Notepad
** Wrong answer
Microsoft Word

Any other ideas?

Second, how to extend the exporter to get what I want?  (I don't want
anyone to code that for me, just a general reading guideline so that I
can get my hands dirty and ask more specific questions later.)

TIA,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-09-27 23:07 UTC | newest]