* Autogenerating beamer overlay parameter?
@ 2015-01-23  8:11 Loris Bennett
From: Loris Bennett @ 2015-01-23  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I want to have the element of a list in a Beamer presentation appear
one-by-one and then finally colour one entry red, so I do the following:

#+TITLE: Test
#+STARTUP: beamer

* Test
  :PROPERTIES:
  :BEAMER_act: [+-]
  :END:
  Fruit
   - apple
   - *@@beamer:<4->@@banana*
   - pear

This works, but is there something generic I can use to generate "number
of elements list + 1" to use to get the highlighting to occur at the
right place?

Cheers,

Loris

* Re: Autogenerating beamer overlay parameter?
@ 2015-01-23 16:27 ` Aaron Ecay
From: Aaron Ecay @ 2015-01-23 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Loris Bennett, emacs-orgmode

Hi Loris,

Since this question is mostly about beamer, you might have better luck
with it at the TeX Stack Exchange site: <https://tex.stackexchange.com/>.

--
Aaron Ecay

* Re: Autogenerating beamer overlay parameter?
@ 2015-01-23 16:55 ` e.fraga
From: e.fraga @ 2015-01-23 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Loris Bennett; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Friday, 23 Jan 2015 at 09:11, Loris Bennett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to have the element of a list in a Beamer presentation appear
> one-by-one and then finally colour one entry red, so I do the following:

[...]

> This works, but is there something generic I can use to generate "number
> of elements list + 1" to use to get the highlighting to occur at the
> right place?

No idea but I would suggest you look in the beamer manual and/or ask in
a LaTeX forum as this is not really an org question.  You already have
the org syntax sorted...  you just need to fill it in with the
appropriate beamer invocation.

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.4.1, Org release_8.3beta-717-gd36bd8

* Re: Autogenerating beamer overlay parameter?
@ 2015-01-26  8:22   ` Loris Bennett
From: Loris Bennett @ 2015-01-26  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

<e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:

> On Friday, 23 Jan 2015 at 09:11, Loris Bennett wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to have the element of a list in a Beamer presentation appear
>> one-by-one and then finally colour one entry red, so I do the following:
>
> [...]
>
>> This works, but is there something generic I can use to generate "number
>> of elements list + 1" to use to get the highlighting to occur at the
>> right place?
>
> No idea but I would suggest you look in the beamer manual and/or ask in
> a LaTeX forum as this is not really an org question.  You already have
> the org syntax sorted...  you just need to fill it in with the
> appropriate beamer invocation.

Aaron and Eric: I understand what is meant about this being more of a
beamer question, but I'm only really interested in using Beamer via Org.

I suppose the question is really:

"How I can count the items in a list in Org?"

I would then have to think about how I wanted how to pass this
information on to Beamer.

@ 2015-01-26 16:14     ` e.fraga
From: e.fraga @ 2015-01-26 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Loris Bennett; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Monday, 26 Jan 2015 at 09:22, Loris Bennett wrote:

[...]

> Aaron and Eric: I understand what is meant about this being more of a
> beamer question, but I'm only really interested in using Beamer via Org.

sure but the point is that beamer may have a solution to your problem
which then automatically will be usable within org whereas trying to
find an org based solution is likely to be clumsy at best.

YMMV, of course, so I hope you find a solution either way.
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.4.1, Org release_8.3beta-717-gd36bd8