* Re: remote ref in spreadsheets
       [not found] <9ae5pbxf26.ln2@news.c0t0d0s0.de>
@ 2015-01-21 21:12 ` Michael Brand
From: Michael Brand @ 2015-01-21 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Welle; +Cc: Org Mode

Hi Michael

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 9:20 PM, Michael Welle <mwe012008@gmx.net> wrote:
> @2$2=remote(BC_2014,@II$3)
> @3$2=remote(BC_2013,@II$3)
> @4$2=remote(BC_2012,@II$3)
> [...]
> would be nice to use a column formula, something like remote($1,@II$3),
> where $1 of the master table holds the name of the referenced table.

It was also January when I needed this for yearly tables the first
time :-) and I implemented and documented it with an ERT and in the
manual one year ago. It is still available only in Org release_8.3beta
which you seem not to have installed yet.

If you do an aggregation, in this case by year, then Thierry Banel's
package Org aggregate
https://github.com/tbanel/orgaggregate
is very convenient as it can simplify a lot.

Michael

@ 2017-01-22 11:42 ` Michael Welle
From: Michael Welle @ 2017-01-22 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

so, two years and two yearly tables later I solved the problem. I
couldn't see how to get that to work with orgaggregate, so I tried a
different approach. My tables look like follows:

* Tables
#+NAME: overview
| Year |  Sum   |
|------+--------|
| 2017 | 107.90 |
| 2016 |  42.00 |
|------+--------|
#+TBLFM: $2='(org-table-get-remote-range (concat "BC_" $1) (string ?@ ?I ?I ?$ ?3));%.2f

** 2017
#+NAME: BC_2017
|--------+-------+--------|
| 13.01. | foo   |  38.90 |
| 13.01. | bar   |  69.00 |
|--------+-------+--------|
|        | Summe | 107.90 |
#+TBLFM: $3=vsum(@I..@II);%.2f

For every year I have a table named BC_yyyy that sums up some stuff.
What I want is a table that gives an overview about all the sums of
every year. My first approach was to add a new formula to the overview
table every year. That worked for the first couple of years. But I had
to change the cell addresses of every existing formula when adding a new
row and after a few years that became clumsy.

With the above approach I only had to insert a new row into the overview
table and fill in the year into the first column. I could automate that
further and let Org find all tables named BC_yyyy. Maybe next year ;).

Regards
hmw