* How to keep footnotes hidden when creating a new footnote
@ 2018-04-23  8:09 Sharon Kimble
From: Sharon Kimble @ 2018-04-23  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm writing a document that currently has over 500 footnotes, which is
then exported to latex and subsequently built into a PDF file. But every
time that I write a new footnote, all the other footnotes show as
visible, whereas previously they were hidden under their second-level
title.

How can I get the 'old' footnotes to remain hidden, unopened and not
visible please?

Thanks
Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
DrugFacts = https://www.drugfacts.org.uk
Debian 9.4, fluxbox 1.3.7, emacs 25.3.4, org 9.1.9

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: How to keep footnotes hidden when creating a new footnote
@ 2018-04-25 21:48 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2018-04-25 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@skimble.plus.com> writes:

> I'm writing a document that currently has over 500 footnotes, which is
> then exported to latex and subsequently built into a PDF file. But every
> time that I write a new footnote, all the other footnotes show as
> visible, whereas previously they were hidden under their second-level
> title.
>
> How can I get the 'old' footnotes to remain hidden, unopened and not
> visible please?

I’m not sure what the old way is, but maybe you’d prefer
org-edit-footnote-reference for editing footnotes?

Rasmus

--
Tack, ni svenska vakttorn. Med plutonium tvingar vi dansken på knä!