Hi Matt, As mentioned by Ihor, you’ll want to take a look at the curent version of ox-latex, specifically `org-latex-src-block--custom' which now contains `(?c . ,caption)'. You may want to consider modifying `org-latex--caption/label-string' to accept the form `(element info &optional content-only)' or reimplementing just the bits needed for this purpose — which ever works out nicer. Looking at `org-latex--caption/label-string' a substring approach looks quite fragile, though you might be able to get away with an application of `replace-regexp-in-string', though I’d personally consider this a bit of a last resort. Matt Huszagh writes: > Ihor Radchenko writes: > >> I think that it will be better if you use >> org-latex–caption/label-string instead. It will take care about short >> captions as well. > > Changing this to (?c . ,caption-str) yields for the original example > > {Perform inter-sample interpolation. > } > > I could use substring to remove the leading { and trailing > }. What do you think? All the best, Timothy