* org-cature-ref
@ 2022-07-06  9:21 Henrik Frisk
From: Henrik Frisk @ 2022-07-06  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode-email

Ihor Radchenko recently mentioned org-capture-ref and I decided to try to
use it, but I'm having trouble getting it to work. I have org-protocl
working for me so I'm suspecting that it is the syntax of the bookmarklet
I'm using that is at fault. I merely changed the capture template key from
the example here:

https://github.com/alphapapa/org-protocol-capture-html#org-protocol-instructions

but that doesn't work (I get an empty buffer with what looks as the the
link contents as name). Apart from that I have just copied the template
from here:

https://github.com/yantar92/org-capture-ref

Thanks for any hints!

/H

* Re: org-cature-ref
@ 2022-07-07 10:50 ` Ihor Radchenko
       [not found]   ` <CAO0LSb5or=sec3ZMU2jVvVv57qe_Z_4cW9=--92iA8aqkJAN_g@mail.gmail.com>
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-07-07 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Henrik Frisk; +Cc: org-mode-email

Henrik Frisk <frisk.h@gmail.com> writes:

> Ihor Radchenko recently mentioned org-capture-ref and I decided to try to
> use it, but I'm having trouble getting it to work. I have org-protocl
> working for me so I'm suspecting that it is the syntax of the bookmarklet
> I'm using that is at fault. I merely changed the capture template key from
> the example here:
>
> https://github.com/alphapapa/org-protocol-capture-html#org-protocol-instructions
>
> but that doesn't work (I get an empty buffer with what looks as the the
> link contents as name). Apart from that I have just copied the template
> from here:

Do I understand correctly that you used the following bookmarklet:

javascript:location.href = 'org-protocol://capture-html?template=w&url=...

?

Is so, you probably need

org-protocol://capture?template...
instead of
org-protocol://capture-html?template...

Best,
Ihor

* Re: org-cature-ref
       [not found]   ` <CAO0LSb5or=sec3ZMU2jVvVv57qe_Z_4cW9=--92iA8aqkJAN_g@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2022-07-12 16:53     ` Henrik Frisk
From: Henrik Frisk @ 2022-07-12 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode-email

Den tis 12 juli 2022 17:51Henrik Frisk <frisk.h@gmail.com> skrev:

> Den tors 7 juli 2022 kl 12:48 skrev Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com>:
>
>> Henrik Frisk <frisk.h@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> > Ihor Radchenko recently mentioned org-capture-ref and I decided to try
>> > use it, but I'm having trouble getting it to work. I have org-protocl
>> > working for me so I'm suspecting that it is the syntax of the
>> bookmarklet
>> > I'm using that is at fault. I merely changed the capture template key
>> from
>> > the example here:
>> >

>> https://github.com/alphapapa/org-protocol-capture-html#org-protocol-instructions
>> >
>> > but that doesn't work (I get an empty buffer with what looks as the the
>> > link contents as name). Apart from that I have just copied the template
>> > from here:
>>
>> Do I understand correctly that you used the following bookmarklet:
>>
>> javascript:location.href = 'org-protocol://capture-html?template=w&url=...
>>
>> ?
>>
>> Is so, you probably need
>>
>> org-protocol://capture?template...
>> instead of
>> org-protocol://capture-html?template...
>>
>> Thanks, that was the issue and it works fine now. However, I can't seem
> to get the org-capture-ref-get-bibtex-field to work by simply replacing org-capture-ref-headline-format
> with it. Not sure where the ":bibtex-string" should go in the template
> which is probably why it doesn't work.
>
> /h
>
> Failed to reply to list. Sorry.

* Re: org-cature-ref
@ 2022-07-16  9:17       ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-07-16  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Henrik Frisk; +Cc: org-mode-email

Henrik Frisk <frisk.h@gmail.com> writes:

>>> Is so, you probably need
>>>
>>> org-protocol://capture?template...
>>> instead of
>>> org-protocol://capture-html?template...
>>>
>>> Thanks, that was the issue and it works fine now. However, I can't seem
>> to get the org-capture-ref-get-bibtex-field to work by simply replacing org-capture-ref-headline-format
>> with it. Not sure where the ":bibtex-string" should go in the template
>> which is probably why it doesn't work.

Could you please provide a bit more details on what you did, what you
expected to get, and what you got?

Best,
Ihor

* Re: org-cature-ref
@ 2022-07-17 20:25         ` Henrik Frisk
From: Henrik Frisk @ 2022-07-17 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: org-mode-email

Den lör 16 juli 2022 kl 11:16 skrev Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com>:

> >> to get the org-capture-ref-get-bibtex-field to work by simply replacing
> org-capture-ref-headline-format
> >> with it. Not sure where the ":bibtex-string" should go in the template
> >> which is probably why it doesn't work.
>
> Could you please provide a bit more details on what you did, what you
> expected to get, and what you got?
>
> Yes, of course!

I saw in another thread recently that you had the bibtex captured as a code
block (begin_src bibtex) which I wasn't able to get. In the documentation
at https://github.com/yantar92/org-capture-ref#org819faa2 it says:

"Alternatively it is possible to use org-capture-ref-get-bibtex-field to
get metadata directly (:bibtex-string field will contain formatted BiBTeX
entry).

This, I thought, was the way to achieve this. What I get is:

:BOOKMARK:misc:
:PROPERTIES:
:TITLE:    Something
:BTYPE:    misc
:ID:       Something_org_captur_ref_extrac_9c0
:AUTHOR:   someone
:CREATED:  [2022-07-12 tis 17:26]
:HOWPUBLISHED: Github
:NOTE:     Online; accessed 12 juli 2022
:RSS:      https://something.org
:END:

/Henrik

* Re: org-cature-ref
@ 2022-07-17 23:57           ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-07-17 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Henrik Frisk; +Cc: org-mode-email

Henrik Frisk <frisk.h@gmail.com> writes:

>> Could you please provide a bit more details on what you did, what you
>> expected to get, and what you got?
>>
>> Yes, of course!
>
> I saw in another thread recently that you had the bibtex captured as a code
> block (begin_src bibtex) which I wasn't able to get. In the documentation
> at https://github.com/yantar92/org-capture-ref#org819faa2 it says:
>
> "Alternatively it is possible to use org-capture-ref-get-bibtex-field to
> get metadata directly (:bibtex-string field will contain formatted BiBTeX
> entry).
>
> This, I thought, was the way to achieve this. What I get is:
>
> :BOOKMARK:misc:
> :PROPERTIES:
> :TITLE:    Something
> :BTYPE:    misc
> :ID:       Something_org_captur_ref_extrac_9c0
> :AUTHOR:   someone
> :CREATED:  [2022-07-12 tis 17:26]
> :HOWPUBLISHED: Github
> :NOTE:     Online; accessed 12 juli 2022
> :RSS:      https://something.org
> :END:

Did you try to customize org-capture-ref-capture-template?

Its default template is

"%{fetch-bibtex}* TODO %?%{space}%{org-entry}"
"%{extra}"

%{org-entry} part is responsible for generating property drawer via
org-capture-ref-headline-format-function.

If you prefer adding bibtex directly, you may want something like

"%{fetch-bibtex}* TODO %?%(org-capture-ref-get-bibtex-field :title)"
"#+begin_src bibtex"
"%(org-capture-ref-get-bibtex-field :bibtex)"
"#+end_src bibtex"

Best,
Ihor

* Re: org-cature-ref
@ 2022-07-18  8:39             ` Henrik Frisk
From: Henrik Frisk @ 2022-07-18  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: org-mode-email

Den mån 18 juli 2022 kl 01:56 skrev Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com>:

> Henrik Frisk <frisk.h@gmail.com> writes:
>
> >> Could you please provide a bit more details on what you did, what you
> >> expected to get, and what you got?
> >>
> >> Yes, of course!
> >
> > I saw in another thread recently that you had the bibtex captured as a
> code
> > block (begin_src bibtex) which I wasn't able to get. In the documentation
> > at https://github.com/yantar92/org-capture-ref#org819faa2 it says:
> >
> > "Alternatively it is possible to use org-capture-ref-get-bibtex-field to
> > get metadata directly (:bibtex-string field will contain formatted BiBTeX
> > entry).
> >
> > This, I thought, was the way to achieve this. What I get is:
> >
> > :BOOKMARK:misc:
> > :PROPERTIES:
> > :TITLE:    Something
> > :BTYPE:    misc
> > :ID:       Something_org_captur_ref_extrac_9c0
> > :AUTHOR:   someone
> > :CREATED:  [2022-07-12 tis 17:26]
> > :HOWPUBLISHED: Github
> > :NOTE:     Online; accessed 12 juli 2022
> > :RSS:      https://something.org
> > :END:
>
> Did you try to customize org-capture-ref-capture-template?
>
> Its default template is
>
> "%{fetch-bibtex}* TODO %?%{space}%{org-entry}"
> "%{extra}"
>
> %{org-entry} part is responsible for generating property drawer via
> org-capture-ref-headline-format-function.
>
> If you prefer adding bibtex directly, you may want something like
>
> "%{fetch-bibtex}* TODO %?%(org-capture-ref-get-bibtex-field :title)"
> "#+begin_src bibtex"
> "%(org-capture-ref-get-bibtex-field :bibtex)"
> "#+end_src bibtex"
>
> That's what I was trying to do, but now it works! This is really
brilliant, thank you!
Note: it should be:

"%(org-capture-ref-get-bibtex-field :bibtex-string)"

in the above example.

A couple of questions more:

1. In the examples at the beginning of the project's  github you have
examples that have a combination of prperties and bibtex source, with
preperties such as ID and CREATED. These could be helpful but I can't
figure out how to add them with my limited knowledge.
2. When you write that there is support for Google Scholar "BiBTeX page",
what do you mean? In a Google scholar search, if I click "Cite" and then
choose BiBTeX, I don't get the expected result, but maybe you are referring
to something else?

Again, thank you. This will make my life easier!

/henrik

* Re: org-cature-ref
@ 2022-07-19 13:40               ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-07-19 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Henrik Frisk; +Cc: org-mode-email

Henrik Frisk <frisk.h@gmail.com> writes:

> A couple of questions more:
>
> 1. In the examples at the beginning of the project's  github you have
> examples that have a combination of prperties and bibtex source, with
> preperties such as ID and CREATED. These could be helpful but I can't
> figure out how to add them with my limited knowledge.

Those are from my personal capture templates.
There is nothing fancy there. Just

"%{fetch-bibtex}* TODO %?%(org-capture-ref-get-bibtex-field :title)"
":PROPERTIES:"
":ID: %(org-capture-ref-get-bibtex-field :key)"
":CREATED: %U"
":END:"
"#+begin_src bibtex"
"%(org-capture-ref-get-bibtex-field :bibtex)"
"#+end_src bibtex"

> 2. When you write that there is support for Google Scholar "BiBTeX page",
> what do you mean? In a Google scholar search, if I click "Cite" and then
> choose BiBTeX, I don't get the expected result, but maybe you are referring
> to something else?

I am referring to what you said: "Cite" → "BibTeX". The opened page
should contain the BibTeX entry text. This page can be captured.

For example, the first item (Cite → BibTeX) in
https://scholar.google.com.sg/scholar?q=test

can be captured on my side.

I do not recommend this method though. Google Scholar does not provide
high quality BibTeX entries with DOI and sometimes provides plain wrong
entries.

Best,
Ihor

* Re: org-cature-ref