Hi Ihor & co., > As I recall, Timothy has been working on simplifying preamble > generation. If we do not put unnecessary packages into preamble, > compilation will be significantly faster. > > If Timothy can come up with a patch some time soon, I’d prefer to have a > more targeted preamble. Otherwise, the proposed approach is the way to > go. Yep, I’ve got something in my config currently that intercepts LaTeX preamble creation and generates it only the fly from a list of detected features based on the exported document and capability providers. I use this in my config to automatically switch to LuaLaTeX when necessary and use pdfLaTeX the rest of the time. This should also be able to be able clean up some of the currently kludgy preamble modifications like in oc-csl.el. This has been on the back-burner for a while (I want to implement this is a way that can be generalised across all output backends), but I’ll see if I can make some progress and hopefully have a preliminary patch set in the next few weeks. Lastly, there’s something extra I want to note. If we talk about including a font customisation, I’d advocate for supporting font sets, not fonts. Once again, this is something I’m a fan of from my config, and this could potentially be supported across multiple export formats. As an illustrative example, if I include this in one of my documents and create a PDF: ┌──── │ #+options: fontset:biolinum └──── Then I’ll get text with: ⁃ libertine roman as the serif font ⁃ biolinum as the serif, and default, font ⁃ source code pro as the mono font ⁃ newtxmath as the maths font Similarly I can do `fontset:noto' and you can guess what that does. All the best, Timothy