* Release 9.6
@ 2022-11-29  6:58 Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2022-11-29  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

Org 9.6 a major release, is out, and will be available from GNU ELPA
in a few hours.

The release notes are published on https://orgmode.org/Changes.html.

On top of the many small and big enhancements against 9.5, here are
some changes you might want to be aware of:

- Org tests are now regularily run:
  https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/org-mode-tests/

  Thanks to Christian Köstlin for helping us setting this!  We are
  looking for someone to maintain this repository.

- Because Org is more than Emacs org-mode, and in order to help people
  working on Org parsers/tools, we made an effort to expose the syntax
  for .org files: https://orgmode.org/worg/org-syntax.html

  Thanks a lot to Tim (TEC) for his work on this!

- Worg is a good place to advertize useful Org packages: if you want
  write access to Worg, please create an account on https://sr.ht and
  send me your username.  (Patches can be sent with no account.)

  To help track orphan Org projects, there is now a dedicated page:
  https://orgmode.org/worg/org-orphanage.html

  Let's work from there to provide more useful information on the Org
  ecosystem in general.

- If you enjoy using Org, please consider supporting contributors via
  https://liberapay.com/org-mode/

  If you contribute to the Org ecosystem in any way (not just code),
  you are welcome to join the list of people who share donations, do
  let us know (don't be shy).

Thanks to *everyone* who continues to make this list a nice and useful
place for Orgers of the World.  Last but not least: thanks to Ihor his
truly amazing work and for being the de facto maintainer.

Enjoy!

--
 Bastien