* Minimal list of packages for `guix shell` for documentation compilation?
@ 2023-05-16 15:41 Yuval Langer
From: Yuval Langer @ 2023-05-16 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I would like to run `make doc` under `guix shell` to test my
documentation patches.

Does anyone know the minimal list of packages and proper `guix shell`
incantation for that?

Thank you,
Yuval Langer.

* Re: Minimal list of packages for `guix shell` for documentation compilation?
@ 2023-05-16 16:33 ` Kyle Meyer
From: Kyle Meyer @ 2023-05-16 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yuval Langer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Yuval Langer writes:

> I would like to run `make doc` under `guix shell` to test my
> documentation patches.
>
> Does anyone know the minimal list of packages and proper `guix shell`
> incantation for that?

Running this from the top of the Org repo works for me (Guix
270db2a56bc5):

  $ guix shell emacs -- make doc

* Re: Minimal list of packages for `guix shell` for documentation compilation?
@ 2023-05-16 16:47   ` Kyle Meyer
From: Kyle Meyer @ 2023-05-16 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yuval Langer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Kyle Meyer writes:

> Running this from the top of the Org repo works for me (Guix
> 270db2a56bc5):
>
>   $ guix shell emacs -- make doc

Ah, sorry, I should have tested that with --pure.  Indeed you'll need to
pull in other packages if they're not already on your system.  Adding
'-D emacs' to pull in emacs dev inputs may you a good way there, but
you'll probably at least need to add texlive on top.  (Sorry, I can't
test at the moment.)

* Re: Minimal list of packages for `guix shell` for documentation compilation?
@ 2023-05-16 21:38     ` Kyle Meyer
From: Kyle Meyer @ 2023-05-16 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yuval Langer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Kyle Meyer writes:

> Ah, sorry, I should have tested that with --pure.  Indeed you'll need to
> pull in other packages if they're not already on your system.  [...]

Here's the minimum set of packages I needed with --pure:

 $ guix shell --pure \
   coreutils diffutils emacs-minimal glibc git grep make sed tar texinfo texlive \
   -- make doc

(Note: texlive is large, so that will take some time if you don't
already have it in your store.)

* Re: Minimal list of packages for `guix shell` for documentation compilation?
@ 2023-05-17 16:23       ` Yuval Langer
From: Yuval Langer @ 2023-05-17 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kyle Meyer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Wed, May 17, 2023 at 12:38 AM Kyle Meyer <kyle@kyleam.com> wrote:

> Here's the minimum set of packages I needed with --pure:
>
>  $ guix shell --pure \
>    coreutils diffutils emacs-minimal glibc git grep make sed tar texinfo texlive \
>    -- make doc
>
> (Note: texlive is large, so that will take some time if you don't
> already have it in your store.)

What is the subset of texlive packages used by org-mode's
documentation? I see that there's texlive-base, but I've tried that,
and it is insufficient.